Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Extreme iPod Touch lag after uninstalling android lock

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Exclamation Extreme iPod Touch lag after uninstalling android lock
    Yeah so this is how it went:

Waiting for train to come
    Logged onto a t-mobile hotspot
    Opened Cydia
    Searched Androidlock
    Tapped 'AndroidLock (BigBoss)'
    Tapped 'Modify' button
    Tapped uninstall
    Tapped 'restart springboard'
    And after a respring, my whole iPod lagged out like hell

I couldn't scroll vertically or horizontally (I have Infiniboard and Infinidock), couldn't go to spotlight (only the keyboard showed up), When i tap an app it would take at least 1 minute to start loading the app and another minute to load the app. Even from there, the app would be slow when using it. The only thing that wasn't slow was SBSettings. I could also play music, but the interface was fairly slow, not as slow as other things though. The lockscreen was also extremely slow. It would take a minute for the iPod to lock, and a minute for the lockscreen to show if I pressed the Home or Power button. The sliders was also slow.

iPod Details:

iPod Touch 3G 32GB 3.1.3 MC-Model, Jailbroken with Spirit
    Winterboard with the theme: Illumine
    Backgrounder + ProSwitcher
    ********** + **********
    Catagories
    SB Settings + Illumine SB Settings theme
    iFile

If you need anymore details to help me out, please ask.

Thanks in advance!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    *bump* I really need to sort this, I will try to restore it back to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 in the end if nothing works.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambury View Post
    Yeah so this is how it went:

Waiting for train to come
    Logged onto a t-mobile hotspot
    Opened Cydia
    Searched Androidlock
    Tapped 'AndroidLock (BigBoss)'
    Tapped 'Modify' button
    Tapped uninstall
    Tapped 'restart springboard'
    And after a respring, my whole iPod lagged out like hell

I couldn't scroll vertically or horizontally (I have Infiniboard and Infinidock), couldn't go to spotlight (only the keyboard showed up), When i tap an app it would take at least 1 minute to start loading the app and another minute to load the app. Even from there, the app would be slow when using it. The only thing that wasn't slow was SBSettings. I could also play music, but the interface was fairly slow, not as slow as other things though. The lockscreen was also extremely slow. It would take a minute for the iPod to lock, and a minute for the lockscreen to show if I pressed the Home or Power button. The sliders was also slow.

iPod Details:

iPod Touch 3G 32GB 3.1.3 MC-Model, Jailbroken with Spirit
    Winterboard with the theme: Illumine
    Backgrounder + ProSwitcher
    ********** + **********
    Catagories
    SB Settings + Illumine SB Settings theme
    iFile

If you need anymore details to help me out, please ask.

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambury View Post
    *bump* I really need to sort this, I will try to restore it back to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 in the end if nothing works.
    Hey I've got the exact same problem right now, it started after i was using categories and then it resprung for some reason and now it is super slow. I'll message you if I find a cure.

I have the exact same problem I went to close out all my folders on categories and now it does the same thing let me know if you find anything

Quote Originally Posted by Alaluk View Post
    I have the exact same problem I went to close out all my folders on categories and now it does the same thing let me know if you find anything
    Hey, I ended up just restoring. BTW what firmware are you on?

I've had a problem similar to this. I installed iconoclasm or something and played around with it. It didn't work right so I uninstalled it but didn't disable it first. I had massive lag and took forever to do anything. I resolved this by redownloading iconoclasm and disabling it, then uninstalling. I think it was because some file leftover was trying to move the icons but since the package wasn't there it was just freezing. So my only guess is redownload, disable it, then uninstall. For categories maybe take all icons out of a folder then reinstall or something.