Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Desoerate!! Changed back of iphone 3g now home key not working :(

Default Desoerate!! Changed back of iphone 3g now home key not working :(
    Hi guys, there isnt much about this resolution wise on the net that I can find but seems to be a common problem, I would so so appreciate any help Im freaking out!

I changed the back on my mums phone for her so she can sell it, I have done this successfully on my phone but it was a long time ago...it never had an issue.

The problem is on putting it back together the home key no longer works whatsoever. Initially I presumed it may have been from changing the touch screen glass, it was stuck very well (heated it off took a few attempts)...however, I have taken the front of my mobile and tried it on my mums backing/motherboard etc. and it still doesnt work The problem must lie in the rear... I read that possibly a pin could be bent on the number 4 bit?? I cant see anything bent on the connectors. Am i right that it is the base area on the back with connection 4 that I should be looking at? I am sucuring the facial front before trying it too...could that piece be badly aligned so the connecting points are not touching the front properly causing this?

Please help me I wish i hadnt touched it, I wouldnt have touched it if id remembered it being quite so fiddly.

Have changed the flax cable incase it was that - still nothing....about the change the base part at number 4 but im gettin more at a loss? Motherboard error?

nope that didnt work either
    entire fone is fine apart fromt he home putton
    Last edited by SamanthaP; 2010-07-29 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost