Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bricked iPhone, Fixed It, Can't Download Videos Anymore

Exclamation Bricked iPhone, Fixed It, Can't Download Videos Anymore
    Okay. Here's The Story. Jailbroke My iPhone 3G When 3.1.2 Jailbreak First Came Out (Blackra1n). And It's Been That Way Ever Since. Two Days Ago, I Bricked It, By Trying To Install Icy Via Blacra1n, To See If T-Mobile Would Work With My Phone. And, Then It Was Stuck At Apple Logo, So I Put It Into DFU, It's Re-Jailbroken On 3.1.2 Again, Via Blackra1n Again. However, In The Process I Lost EVERYTHING. Minus Whatever Was On My iTunes Backup From 4 Months Ago. Anyway, I Tried To Watch A "Video" On My Phone, But It Didn't Have The Same Reaction It Used To. It Used To Go To The Link, And Bring Me To A Different Page, Give Me The Option To "Play Now" Or "Download". And It Saved The Files To, Raw System File\Var\Mobile\Library\Downloads. But, Now It Doesn't Even Give Me The Option. It Just Automatically Starts Streaming The Video. And, It's Quite Frustrating Because To Be Honest, I Have No Idea As To What I Did In The First Place That Enabled That. And, After About 30 Minutes Of Research, Via Cydia And Rock, I've Found Nothing That Would Enable Such Things. So, I Turn To The Modmyi Community In Hopes That You Can Help Me Go Back To The Old Days Of Me Downloading ANY Video I Want Straight Out Of Safari.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

All the videos should be transfered (eg with winscp) separetely to your computer. Because the itunes does not do it. So they are lost forever.

Thanks

Safari download plugin from cydia.

I downloaded safari download plugin from cydia. I'm having the same video problem described, but I'm using 3GS on iOS4. The compatibility list says that it's working, but I don't have the option to download videos from safari either. It just goes directly to quicktime and starts playing without the option screen. How do I fix this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone holl0wm1nd's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcclegg View Post
    I downloaded safari download plugin from cydia. I'm having the same video problem described, but I'm using 3GS on iOS4. The compatibility list says that it's working, but I don't have the option to download videos from safari either. It just goes directly to quicktime and starts playing without the option screen. How do I fix this?
    Safari Download Plugin is not yet compatible with iOS 4. I know it's appearing in the compatibility list, but in fact it's not... I have issues with dTunes. We'll have to wait a bit more.