View Poll Results: Are you disappointed on how long its taking?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!!! COME ON, WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG!

9 60.00%
  • Yes, but i can wait

5 33.33%
  • No, I like my iPhone the way it is

1 6.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Whose disappointed on how long the iPhone 4 jailbreak is taking?

Default Whose disappointed on how long the iPhone 4 jailbreak is taking?
    I know im like everyone else and im dying for a iphone 4 jailbreak, but why is it taking so long this time? Its already been over a month since the phone has been released and still nothing. I know comex and all the devs are saying soon but damn this is taking a long time. Im used to the days where a jailbreak got released a week or 2 after a new phone release.

Come on comex...We all need a jailbreak

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

I am not disappoionted. One month is not that long of a wait for a jailbreak. They are doing what they can. Why rush it. Would you take a car that was rushed out of testing?
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks

I'm disappointed......at people and their demanding like they someones boss....who cares if ur disappointed...u want it fast? Learn how to hack and get ur own results

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

dhamien (2010-07-29), jaykain (2010-07-28), soulthoughts (2010-07-28), toyvan (2010-07-28), Wilbourn (2010-07-28)

Thanks

2.2 took a while and the 3GS took close to 3 weeks. And we all know how the 3.1.3 took. Not to mention the 3GS with the new bootrom are not fully pwned yet.

http://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/in...title=Timeline

So the poll should have an option of No; it will come in due time.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-07-28 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

Wilbourn (2010-07-28)

Thanks

Watch a Harry potter movie, I bet a jailbreak will be out before the movie ends. Does the movie really need to be that long?

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    2.2 took a while and the 3GS took close to 3 weeks. And we all know how the 3.1.3 took. Not to mention the 3GS with the new bootrom are not fully pwned yet.

Timeline - The iPhone Wiki

So the poll should have an option of No; it will come in due time.
    Correct me if I'm wrong just curious - wasn't it Geohot who JB the 3GS?? A couple weeks was pretty damn fast compared to how long this ones taking. It was the same as in the iPhone 4 as well, a huge step up from the 3G.

Thanks

Ever seen the Twilight movies? Talk about long, sure they may be normal length but it seems sooooo much longer than that.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i would love to have it like yesterday but wouldnt mind the wait if there was atleast an estimated time frame.............. but then again its gonna be that much sweeter when it is here, cant wait !!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong just curious - wasn't it Geohot who JB the 3GS?? A couple weeks was pretty damn fast compared to how long this ones taking. It was the same as in the iPhone 4 as well, a huge step up from the 3G.
    The 3GS released on June 19th. Purplera1n came on July 3rd. Yes 3GS was a big security jump from 3G but as the teams are learning new holes Apple is learning how to combat them too. Take the mention that the baseband now needs to be signed by Apple and also that Apple has reset the baseband. Apple did a swift kick on the new bootrom of the 3GS so yea it takes time. New bootrom 3GS people are still waiting for a fully untethered device. They had it breifly; some still do if they don't move to 4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    that is true. and im not sitting here saying when is it gunna come out when is it gunna come out, all im saying is im disappointed on how long its taking. you see geohot already with the iphone 4 jailbreak like a week ago and saurik already has it, why is it taking so long for it to be released to the public?

Thanks

Because it takes time to get something out to the end users. There are still bugs that need to be worked out so everyday users don't have to keep coming back asking why did my phone just crash or crashes every little while.

Do you get angry when playing a game or when an App just crashes? Now think about if something like that happened to your whole phone. Or other bugs.

Maybe because comex wasnt expecting to create a jailbreak this time around. I remeber on twitter when geohot said dont expect a jailbreak from me anytime soon and a few hours later comex replied to geohot something like seriously? Youve got to be kidding me. Shortly after that he said that he hadnt planned on releasing a jailbreak but he had something in mind. Then he was gone somewhere for about 3 weeks without a computer. So in reality it hasnt been too long.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I understand how hard and time consuming a jailbreak and unlock is, but I am disappointed it's taking this long.

The only reason being is that I live in Canada, and I was so excited when the 4 came out that I bought one and got it shipped here. Obviously its locked, and so it's been sitting here in the box for almost a month now. Yes I know it's my fault for buying it without a guaranteed unlock, but I knew they'd be able to do it. I didn't think apple would have pulled through with their original plans, yet now the phone is coming out here in 2 days. I have 2 friends and my girlfriend who are getting them on friday and I'm going to look like a huge moron if they're using it before me, so that's really my only issue.

Ugh.

some of you need a girlfriend, or at least a good movie.

btw, why is it taking them so long to come up with a cure for cancer? i mean im not asking everyday, just disappointed. And when the heck is Jesus gonna return? I know I know, any day now...

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to floppy_joe For This Useful Post:

skiptowncat (2010-07-28), soulthoughts (2010-07-28), thechronic (2010-07-28), Wilbourn (2010-07-28), z3r01 (2010-07-28)

Quote Originally Posted by aesthetical View Post
    I understand how hard and time consuming a jailbreak and unlock is, but I am disappointed it's taking this long.

The only reason being is that I live in Canada, and I was so excited when the 4 came out that I bought one and got it shipped here. Obviously its locked, and so it's been sitting here in the box for almost a month now. Yes I know it's my fault for buying it without a guaranteed unlock, but I knew they'd be able to do it. I didn't think apple would have pulled through with their original plans, yet now the phone is coming out here in 2 days. I have 2 friends and my girlfriend who are getting them on friday and I'm going to look like a huge moron if they're using it before me, so that's really my only issue.

Ugh.
    So let me get this straight. You are disappointed in how long it's taking for a jailbreak (when really you are needing an unlock as well) because you Baught an iPhone 4 a month ago and now your going to look bad infront of your friends that get one and start using it?

I know your not trying to sound like an a hole but you really are coming across as one. Maybe not saying "dissappointed" would be a good start. When you say that your disappointed that the jailbreak isn't out and that jay Freeman has a jailbroken iPhone and geohot has one. Your really portraying that your disappointed with the dev team in not accommodating you with a jailbreak with in weeks.

Come on man think before you talk. We are all waiting just as long as you to unleash the fury of this phones full potential. But I'm not dissappointed at all.

It really blows my mind that you weigh your decisions on the fact you purchased a phone that hasn't came out in Canada yet. Do you realize that's the same as buying something that hasn't been released and expecting someone else to make it work in what you feel is a timely matter?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It kills me kids like this disappointed cause hackers like me are taking so long to hack the 4.0 , 4.0.1 firmwares. Its not that easy kid its not like the spirit jailbreak program one click and coding is done. So give us time and one of us guys will get this jailbreak released asap wether its me , comex , or the iphonedevteam . we will get it but dont rush or maybe will quit giving u r programs to use.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iPhoneSwagKraze For This Useful Post:

jaykain (2010-07-28), WickedKP (2010-07-28)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Come on man think before you talk. We are all waiting just as long as you to unleash the fury of this phones full potential. But I'm not dissappointed at all.
    Agree.

Have you tried to make your own jailbreaking??
    It's not easy at all.
    Gota give mad props out to Comex, Geohot, MuscleNerd and the rest of the Dev Team for even making it happen.
    It's just not easy at all......................

yeah! its like rocket science or something. I have a friend who's dad was a tv repair man, has a bitchin set of tools, i bet he could jailbreak it.

bet you these cats want a jailbreak sooner then you do.

Hey maybe you should return the phone to apple because "we were expecting a jb" quick b4 the 30 days is up.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Come on guys, take your time and make something perfect for us... I can wait... easy and bug free... you all people are going to appreciate that at the end. You all are not going to be disappointed.

Wow people like you piss me off. If your tired/ dissappointed then maybe you should spend long hours sometimes over night doing it your self. First off if you can find a whole in the os to even get it started I would give you props but more than likely you can't even begin to know where to look then writing a kernel and working out all the glitches so it runs properly. Oh
    and then u can bundle everything up and make as easy as one click to get it all done for everyone that is to dumb to do all the stuff I just listed above and be doing it for just about free and taking donations which how many people can honestly say they donated too? That would probably be alot more efficient of your time then b****ing about how long it's taking. Devs work hard and make it easy for you to get it done with out any major hang ups. And honestly if comex said he wasn't releasing it till 4.1 I would wait and be just as happy.
    Last edited by Cowboy; 2010-07-28 at 09:38 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast