Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Syncing without a cable

Default Syncing without a cable
    Hi, I havn't posted in a while and I still have my old 2G iPhone! I'm actually buying the 4 tomorrow and I want to be able to transfer all my settings (especially my texts!!) to the new phone. However, my dock connector isn't working, it charges from the wall outlet, and, interestingly enough, works with a car iPod connection unit. But doesn't work on any pc or mac with a variety of different cables...

To be honest, I don't care about the phone itself, it's not going to be used after tomorrow, however, I really really want to keep all my information! Is there any way to either a) fix the dock connector problem. Or b) Sync without use of a computer, or backup all my texts??

Thanks!

Unfortunatly I can't remember the name but there is an app out there ( in app store I believe) that allows the iPhone to sync wirelessly. It was only for mac at first but I know they had a pc version in the works not sure if it was released or not.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

It is in Cydia.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Its called Wi-Fi Sync and I did purchase the app but for some reason it is so slow as many isp only allow .240 meg upload!