Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems adding Modmyi repo to cydia

Default Problems adding Modmyi repo to cydia
    I'm trying to add the modmyi repo to cydia using www.modmyi.com/cydia as the URL, and it starts to install, but I get some error messages, GPG error and another one that appears first. I thought the repo used to come with cydia. Any ideas how to get this to work, or is it something on modmyi's end?

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xrayguy View Post
    I'm trying to add the modmyi repo to cydia using www.modmyi.com/cydia as the URL, and it starts to install, but I get some error messages, GPG error and another one that appears first. I thought the repo used to come with cydia. Any ideas how to get this to work, or is it something on modmyi's end?
    When you jailbreak your iphone and Cydia is installed ModMyi's repo is installed in Cydia automaticly!

Now on the other side if you jailbroke your phone recently the first time you open Cyida it takes a while as it is setting up a lot of things on the iphone! When it says the phone needs rebooted and you say yes its a soft boot I guess as you will not have any sources it you look! What I have found out is you need to reboot the phone by holding down the power button then use the slide to off! Once you reboot the sources are there and ModMyi should be one of them and you can check by opening Cydia the choosing Manage then Sources and you should see the default set!

If for some reason it is not try to open Cydia select Search then type Cydia Community Sources and then install it!

Hope it helps!
    Last edited by area51crypto; 2010-07-27 at 09:39 PM. Reason: spelling

Did hard reboot, still nothing. Cydia community is already installed. Do you think rejailbreaking would reinstall cydia and let it startover fresh? I wasn't on 3G or wifi when I jailbroke, so I'm not sure if my slow connection had a part in it or not.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xrayguy View Post
    Did hard reboot, still nothing. Cydia community is already installed. Do you think rejailbreaking would reinstall cydia and let it startover fresh? I wasn't on 3G or wifi when I jailbroke, so I'm not sure if my slow connection had a part in it or not.
    Open Cydia then search for Rock then install Rock!

Once Rock is installed open Rock then search for Cydia Installer then select then choose Reinstall see it that helps!

There's nothing to install called rock other than ringtones. I'm really wanting to find the app MIM(makeitmine) so I can set my banner back to the default clock. It seems that when you do a backup of your phone, apple let's this change stay on your phone even when it's not jailbroken.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Using a restore from backup doesn't always play nice. It is always safer to just setup as new. Sometimes some stuff from jailbreaks get left in backups, sometimes causing issues. So it is always suggested to setup as new.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]