Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 "Replacement" unit... refurbs or not?

Default iPhone 4 "Replacement" unit... refurbs or not?
    To make a long story short, I got my iPhone 4 on launch day via Fedex. I had a few issues, and went to the Apple Store a few days ago on the 23rd. I was hoping to get it replaced with a brand new sealed iPhone 4 Box, but the "Genius" insisted that the one he was giving me was brand new- that refurbished units aren't available.

He took out a 'replacement' unit out of a black box- it seems brand new.

Now my question is, is there a way to verify if it was previously owned (refurb)? I would get a little pissed off, being that I was still within the 30-day return policy, if Apple decided to replace mine with a refurb. I surely did not pay for a refurb.

In the other hand, I did not bother arguing with the rep because my iPhone 4 had a tiny chip on the top right corner of the back glass, although I don't really think he noticed.

Any feedback is high appreciated

P.S. The replacement iPhone has iOS 4.0 if that matters.
    Last edited by skaterbasist; 2010-07-27 at 11:17 AM.

this close to release, it will be a brand new phone

ive had mine replace twice lol

Like A Boss

Yeah it usually takes a few months before they start getting refurbs, Its new.

Apple never gives original boxes with replacements, neither does any other company, that would cost them too much money, phone is new though, it's just how they work

I think if the serial number or something starts with a 5 it means its a refurb, other than that then it is new. I read it somewhere not 100% sure it's right.