Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Got iPhone 4 working on GoPhone unlimited plan

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Got iPhone 4 working on GoPhone unlimited plan
    I just got my iPhone 4 working on At&t GoPhone unlimited T&T for $60 per month. I googled it and didn't find much info on it, But it does work. Have not tried the data yet so far I have my Tmobile calls and Google voice calls forwarded to the phone. The guys at the At&t store said it was impossible to do.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bargsbeer For This Useful Post:

heis1vip (2011-01-31), xxmiaja (2011-03-30)

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bargsbeer View Post
    I just got my iPhone 4 working on At&t GoPhone unlimited T&T for $60 per month. I googled it and didn't find much info on it, But it does work. Have not tried the data yet so far I have my Tmobile calls and Google voice calls forwarded to the phone. The guys at the At&t store said it was impossible to do.
    Just curious, why did the AT&T store tell you it could not be done?

And also report back on the data part!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Patato22's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes you can use the iphone on gophone with no problem att tell you that so you don't do it. If you use a data plan on gophone using the iphone they goin to find out that you are using and iphone on your gophone plan.

I use my 3G[S] on Simple Mobil talk, text, web $60 unlimited

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think they are told to tell people that GoPhone won't work, It does work on the iPhone 4 all I had to do was cut the sim with a pair of scissors. I have not added the data plan yet. I'm curious if anyone knows if they will cancel my service,If I add data?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Patato22's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe you never now

Green Apple
    Thanks

Until I get some sort of confirmation, I will stick to wifi until the unlock comes available.

I stopped into At&t this evening, I added data services and it is not working
    for now it's just Talk & Text.
    Last edited by bargsbeer; 2010-07-25 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking just wondering...
    did you use the apn changer website to change your info to run your new internet features?
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx

You can use data no problem but if u use it too much they will get suspicious an eventually find out, then they can cancel it. But if u just use the data for light browsing then u should be okay. They can easily tell what phone people are using but they don't have time to check everyones phones, so they only check the ones that look suspicious

Hey guys!

I'm new here, as you can see... so will try to obbey all the rules.

I've asked today at an Apple Store and at an AT&T store, and they both said that it simply wasn't possible for me to activate the iPhone without a contract and a SSN.

I'm a visitor, and as such, I don't have a SSN... I bought a gophone plan with data, but not sure what's going to happen once I spend the $600 on the no commitment iPhone at the Apple Store...

Do you know of anyone that bought an iPhone 4 with 4.1 that has activated it successfully using GoPhone?

Thank you very much!!! can't spend $1000 on a factory unlocked one :S

Whats the status...SMS & MMS work what about data does it include unlimited data? and what about minutes

Quote Originally Posted by bargsbeer View Post

They hire morons and tell them to lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Patato22 View Post
    Yes you can use the iphone on gophone with no problem att tell you that so you don't do it. If you use a data plan on gophone using the iphone they goin to find out that you are using and iphone on your gophone plan.

I use my 3G[S] on Simple Mobil talk, text, web $60 unlimited

Virtual Providers (they buy time in bulk from the big guys like AT&T and resell it...) like this are the way to go as long as you read the fine print.
    Last edited by RetiredBilly; 2010-10-08 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Smile Iphone 4 Gophone
    I just bought an Iphone 4 off of craigslist. I am now using it on At&t Go phone $60/mnth unlimited talk and text. I haven't tried to purchase data time yet, i just use wifi at my house. They told me it wouldn't work on prepaid when I went in the store to get my new simcard activated.

I used to use a iPhone 2G as a GoPhone a long time ago.

Good cause im picking mine up sat. Go gophone

Exclamation i did it too
    i got the iphone 4 on 4.2.1 firmware. i cut the go phone Sim card and it did work ! just one little problem i pay 60 for unlimited talk and text. yet when i call some one the voice doesn't go through in both ways !! some one help me. the texting works fine and i do get calls yet no voice when i pick up either.
    when i first got the phone it got activated by a plan Sim card . and then i changed it to go phone ! idk if that affected it in some way.

any suggestions !?

Default tried it.
    Quote Originally Posted by heis1vip View Post
    i did that but still no good all that did was changed the data thing. thanks though.

Thanks
    Data works for me on Gophone plan. As for the (apn changer) make sure you select "US-ATT-CINGULAR".

Hey I need help I have a iPhone 4 and I want to go it a pay as you go plan I'm gonna get the $60 unlimited everything and I wanted to know if mms works with that also what about data please help me!! Thanks

Hey everyone. Not sure if this is appropriate but the story is very similar

I'm an original iPhone pick your plan customer from the days when you can do that. It's worked fine with

iphone 2g
    300 anytime minutes w/ rollover 40$
    Free m2m 1000 wknd
    unlimited edge data 20$
    200text 5$

For 68$ a month

Now I've got a lost iPhone4 someone wiped clean So they removed the sim , waited a month now i got it and I've been wanting to use it on my pick your plan. Is it possible

It's iPhone 4 fw 4.2.1
    bb 03.10.01 I think.
    jailbroken unlocked and using as a wifi toy. But I want to swap out my dinosaur iphone from february 2008

Help

Do I need to unlock it? Or will it work fine with swapping sim after cutting it.
    Will AT&T care since I'm already a 20$ grandfathered unlimited data guy ? Any tips or advice or prior experience?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast