Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Been Given iPhone 4 But Unsure If It's Sim Free?

Default Been Given iPhone 4 But Unsure If It's Sim Free?
    Hi,

Think this might be in the wrong forum and I apologies if it is, I was unable to access the general forum.

My boss has just swapped me his freshly new delivered iPhone 4 (UK)for my 4 month old 3gs which I'm obviously very happy about. He ordered a few through Orange on upgrade and they came with Orange sims stuck on the side. The box is in no way branded Orange so does anyone think it could be sim free, is there anyway of checking on the box or handset? if not I guess I'll just have to wait for an iPhone 4 unlock to be available for me to use my contract Vodafone..

I've just called Vodafone for them to post me out a micro sim anyway in anticipation..

Cheers.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

From the sound of things. I think your iPhone is locked down to Orange as your boss got the phone through Orange via upgrade. So... I think you will have to wait for the unlock I'm afraid.

You can always put the Vodafone sim card and see if it works when you get it but I'm 99.99999% certain it wouldn't. It doesn't hurt to try.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Taniban For This Useful Post:

rafsterman (2010-07-23)

Thanks Taniban, I suspected as much but just wanted to check.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Nonetheless... you lucky lucky lucky person! Im jealous! I mean you will have to wait for the JB and unlock but what a great deal

@Anniex423
    Yes very good deal and well worth the wait of a new jailbreak before I can use it