Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tethering stopped working...

Default Tethering stopped working...
    I have a JB 3GS with ios4. I was able to use Mywi and get tethering to work but it stopped recently. Now Mywi is stuck on a loop saying it needs to be respringed when i start it and when i respring nothing happens. when i go to general/network settings it now shows Internet Tethering as "Set up internet tethering" which directs me to either call, go to website or cancel. this is new because before it would give me tethering options. Can somebody please tell me whats going on? I though the JB would allow tether, or has AT&T got smart to found a way to block it?
    Another change ive noticed is that my battery life has decreased. not sure if these two are related but thought i would throw it out there.

I have a 3GS with 3.1.2 and a add-on that makes it look like 3.1.3 so I can still get apps. I just noticed I now have tethering ? I have MiWi installed would that add it in network settings ? It also says additional charges may apply in fine print, I turned it on and it seemed to work.
    Any ideas comments ?
    Thanks, Mark

still trying to get my tethering working again on my JB device... any help would be appreciated.

It dose not work on ios 4.0 and above I had the same problem. Apple put AT&T tether in the new firmware you have to downgrade or pay AT&T $20.00 a month to tether and this really sucks.

It works on ios4 because it was working for about 2 weeks and then stopped working.