Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Iphone Help

Default Need Iphone Help
    I am getting an iphone from a friend, a 3G, she upgrade to the new one. My question is this: There are alot of apps and music on the phone, that I would love to keep and use. I have AT&T already. Do I just insert my simm like any other phone or will I have to re-register it in my name on itunes and will it delete all the phone apps and music already there? I have had this happen to an ipod I got for my son once. When he plugged the used Ipod that had alot of music on it into our computer. It cleared the whole ipod of everything that was on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Once you sync it with your computer it will remove all apps and music etc. There is a program called "SharePod" (I believe that's the name) that allows you to keep the music. You can save it (music) to your computer before you sync, and then move the music to iTunes.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

molney (2010-07-20)

what about the apps it has on it. she has like thre pages of differnt apps. will it delete all of them. is there a way to save these. do you have to sync it to use itunes. If I just insert my simm card will it work, if I don't connect to itunes>

Just insert your sim it will work,unless if u won' t connect to your itune for any purpose.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Os7.1.0 For This Useful Post:

molney (2010-07-20)

Just so I am perfectly clear on this if, I plug the phone into my computer,will it automatically bring up itunes, and if so will I loose everything already on the phone apps and music already on it? or does this only happen if you sync it. Do you have to sync it to add more music, that I already have on itune? and one more question? do you have to use only itunes to add music to the phone?

when u first connect it theres a box to uncheck that says like open itunes when connect and sync when connect uncheck those

When your iphone connect to itune its going to detect and sync atomatically, just slide ur phone to cancel syncing and uncheck the box saying atomatically open when iphone connected.
    Even if u try to sync only music there is a risk to cleanup apps too better aviod itune if u wanna keep the stuff.