Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G boot loop

Default iPhone 3G boot loop
    I have an iPhone 3G that will show the apple screen for a few seconds then turn off then repeat. It will go into recovery mode but itunes cant seem to restore it. I get an error 9. Can anyone help?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Put it into recovery mode and then go to iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones and download iREB and follow the instructions to fix recovery mode loop, and it should just restart your iPhone.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

You can try reading the thread below or watch the video. I know the video says for ipod touch but it should be a similar fix (hopefully).

YouTube - How to fix error (9) on the ipod touch to restore it!!!
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...restoring.html

Thanks but I can't get ireb to do anything.. I did use tiny umbrella and that kicked it from recovery but still a boot loop

??????

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Have you tried dfu mode to restore?

Yeah thats when I get the error 9

Is what I described possibly water damage? If so can I do anything about that?
    Last edited by Drsparks; 2010-07-20 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

With iREB, are you sure you're doing the fix recovery mode loop submenu ? Just a warning though, if you are on Windows, and it tells you to install libUSB, make sure you don't run the test program it suggests at the end of the installation, it caused me huge problems by uninstalling all my USBs

Ok I bet thats y it does nothing because I did run the test. And on another comp I used it to help downgrade another 3g that was purchased new not long ago... I did not have a problem at all... Thanks I'll try that tonight