Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone4 BNOB cant update to 4.01

Default iphone4 BNOB cant update to 4.01
    what gives, I got my brand new iphone4 today and it has the killer death grip seriously bad. I bought it from apple UK as its officually unlocked I've no need for jailbreak or unlocking tools so I thought WTF I'll update to 4.01 as they kindly released it the day my iphone came well would you believe it it keeps giving error code 3014 and refuses to update so I cant even try if the signal bars issue improves it.

I hope its just because apples servers are being thrashed so I'll try again later. My thoughts are if the deathgrip is no better with 4.01 then its going straight back for a refund and I'll keep using my 3gs.

The deathgrip is so bad, I lose 5 bars and the 3g signal drops out, when I hold it the finger tip way it loses nothing and keeps a solid 3g signal. this is seriously bad, glad I kept the 3gs which holds the signal no problem
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Have you been using tinyumbrella to backup your blobs before you tried to upgrade?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to liv3wire For This Useful Post:

ericidle (2010-07-17)

yes I did, now dont tell me that somehow prevents me from updating

Might do as it changes the host files, just make sure the Apple URL doesnt have the # symbol infront of it

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LOGiCALX For This Useful Post:

ericidle (2010-07-18)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I had error 9 problem instead of the 3014. I took it back to apple today and they gave me a new one. Perhaps you can do that too? The deathgrip isn't too bad for me, perhaps your iPhone has it more worse than others?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Taniban For This Useful Post:

ericidle (2010-07-18)

well thanks guys, it was the host list, I deleted gs.apple and as if by magic my phone updated next try.
    Unfortunately it still has the death grip issue which I'm not happy about, and I don't particularly want a bumper just to make the phone work

YouTube - Death grip on 4.01 where's my bumper steve