Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I might be half retarded pls help. iTunes login relaTed Q?

Default I might be half retarded pls help. iTunes login relaTed Q?
    Okay. I just copped a second hand 3GS and know little bout these phones, as this is my first one. Since I can slide to unlock and set up my home wifi the phone is unlocked? Or is it just activated?
    Also, when I hit the app store and dl an app, it has the prev owners login and password, how do I fix that?
    And lastly, I plan to put this phone on tmobile. It's running ios4.0, I doubt the prev owner JB it does that matter for putting it on tmobile?

Thanks

You got a long way to go to get it jailbroken. It depends on what bootrom is has on the 3Gs. Must be a "first run" 3Gs.

As far as the iTunes login goes... There is a place in "settings" where you can login the Apple login. Change it from the previous owners to your own.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Turnamental For This Useful Post:

evasivenotraKcs (2010-07-12)

Yeah I have basically deduced that since it is on 4.0 without me having Updated it from 3.x.x and saving blobs, whatever those are exactly, I am going to be waiting for someone to drop a new jailbreak, unless I can somehow DL and downgrade to the 3.1.3 firmware From here which I understand as it's not possible that way.

So can I just drop a tmobile sim in at this point and roll? Or do I have to wait to jailbreak and unlock still? Thanks for the helps.