Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade workarounds

Default Downgrade workarounds
    So i know absolutely nothing about hacking an iphone, at least nothing beyond guided user friendly hacks. But i have a fundamental problem with the way apple is holding all of us iphone lovers prisoner with these damned Updates and signing firmware BS. Personally i think what they do is illegal on some level. My question is, why must we use itunes. as much as someone has to know about the way a phone and respective firmware work to program, hack, and unlock it, why isnt it possible to create a program that will install Firmware on the phone, and do all the stuff itunes does, without the restrictions. That would be best case scenario. Until something like that though, we face the crisis of firmware. You need these SHSH blobs to downgrade. Im assuming these are identifiers of your firmware and individual device. How about manipulation thereof. Is it theoretically possible to write custom blobs. Or just modify one, say cahnge the firmware it identifies, or change the specific device. I guess im just thinking out loud here, after a long unfruitful night of wishin i had saved some damn SHSH blobs from 3.1.2.

Thanks

It's all been discussed and tried before. No way around it. If you have a 3G, you don't have this issue.