Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Low Res Google Contact Images on Iphone 4/ios4

Default Low Res Google Contact Images on Iphone 4/ios4
    I'm sure you guys have noticed this but on my iPhone 4 (and I assume on ios4 for all iPhones), syncing with Google through the Microsoft Exchange Server (m.google.com) causes all the iPhone contact images to convert to low res images. This happens even if you manually assign a high res image on your iPhone. Through the push sync, it immediately converts the high res image to a low res image.

Previously, there was a work around where if you went in to GMail settings, you could check "Only show pictures that I've chosen for my contacts" and (for some reason) Google wouldn't automatically convert your high res images back. Now, that doesn't even work.

I've seen this question covered in Google help threads and to my knowledge it remains unanswered. But it amazes me there isn't a solution out there yet or that people aren't more upset about it. Aren't there a lot of people using Google Contacts with Microsoft Exchange? The low-res images make the incoming call screen a whole lot worse.

But just to make sure, no solutions out there? Are you guys just not pushing contacts? Any pain free third party solutions?

Nobody?