Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FINALLY received my Unlocked iPhone 4 in Canada (Rogers)

Default FINALLY received my Unlocked iPhone 4 in Canada (Rogers)
    after the longest 4 days of shipping delak by UK's Royal Mail, she finally arrived, in her unlocked sexiness. i had 15 minutes on my lunch break to cuz my Rogers sim card and stuff it in the tray, i was so rushed the first cut wasnt even in the right place that i made it to narrow. anyhow, nothing a little tape couldnt solve! tape pieces of scrap back to the chip and got it to fit the sim tray (temporary until Rogers has micro sims that can be used on iPhone), and as simple as that, the phone was working!

no reception issues, it works perfectly, and its nice to know i can use it with my ATT pay as you go and Israel sim card without having to use any kind of software unlock!

so anyhow, if anyone is wondering, you can cut your sim and make it work, but go to apple store and ask them for a free ipad rogers sim so you can compare and see exactly where you need to cut!

now to enjoy being one of the few to have a working iphone 4 in canada, even if only for a few weeks :-)

Thanks

Great to hear! Thanks for the good news!
    If I helped at all, hit thanks! ------------>

iPhone 4, you will soon be mine.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Ebay
    I bought a tool on ebay that looks like a small stapler and you simply put your regular sim in, and it has diagram on top for correct way, then press down and presto perfect microsim from regular sim simply fool proof!

Also comes with two Microsim adapters of which the sim pops in and no need for any tape and works perfect with pre Iphone 4 phones!

$20 cost well worth it for me as I have several Iphones and I play a lot!
    Last edited by area51crypto; 2010-07-10 at 04:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you have a link to your sim cutter? I would love to get one.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I still gotta wait for weeks till it's out in Canada. But, patience makes the surprise a whole lot better.
    Last edited by Spudski; 2010-07-12 at 08:32 AM. Reason: misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by iPh0wned View Post
    after the longest 4 days of shipping delak by UK's Royal Mail, she finally arrived, in her unlocked sexiness. i had 15 minutes on my lunch break to cuz my Rogers sim card and stuff it in the tray, i was so rushed the first cut wasnt even in the right place that i made it to narrow. anyhow, nothing a little tape couldnt solve! tape pieces of scrap back to the chip and got it to fit the sim tray (temporary until Rogers has micro sims that can be used on iPhone), and as simple as that, the phone was working!

no reception issues, it works perfectly, and its nice to know i can use it with my ATT pay as you go and Israel sim card without having to use any kind of software unlock!

so anyhow, if anyone is wondering, you can cut your sim and make it work, but go to apple store and ask them for a free ipad rogers sim so you can compare and see exactly where you need to cut!

now to enjoy being one of the few to have a working iphone 4 in canada, even if only for a few weeks :-)

So you live in UK and oredred it in Canada and unlocked?
    Which site is that? Can you PM me or post it or mail me ???

The opposite. I live in Canada and ordered from UK

Green Apple
    Thanks

You're so lucky haha. I got my iPhone 4 from a guy in the USA on ebay. I've had it since the 29th (two weeks now), and I'm anxiously awaiting the unlock for it. I've already bought my micro sim (the local Rogers store had them in for 10$), and I got my ZAGG invisible shield yesterday, so I'm all ready to make the switch!

Quote Originally Posted by iPh0wned View Post
    The opposite. I live in Canada and ordered from UK
    Thats cool..which site or store online did you get it from?
    Could please tell ?
    Also wanting that idevice badly

eBay.co.uk

Make sure they didn't give u an iPad sim, form some reason that didn't work when apple store gave me a Rogers microsim (they're pre activated for ipads I was told when I called Rogers tonactivate it an it wouldn't work)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i got my unlocked iPhone 4 on the 26 and cut my sim with no problems on rogers network. ive also tried my ipad sim in my iphone 4 and the data works on the iphone. anyone who is interested in buying unlocked iphone 4's just search on eBay and make sure you buy it from some one in the uk or france. apple sells them unlocked in the uk and france.

edit this is the link where i got mine http://cgi.ebay.ca/Apple-iPhone-4-16...item4150f46578