Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will apple ever fix the alleged reception issue??

Default Will apple ever fix the alleged reception issue??
    Ok so I know apple has officially said that the problem with the disappearing reception bars is a glich in the software, but if it is in fact a problem with the hardware, will apple ever fix it, or will they just leave it as is? Will the later runs of the iPhone 4 have the same issues? Would they have to redesign the phone in order to fix the problem?

On a side note, from my own personal experience, I have observed the signal bars going away when holding the iphone 4 a certain way, but I have never experienced a drop call on the iPhone 4 and have never noticed any difference with the call clarity. So I personally think it is a software thing and that those people experiencing dropped calls are the people who also have bad proximity sensors.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLEW700 View Post
    Ok so I know apple has officially said that the problem with the disappearing reception bars is a glich in the software, but if it is in fact a problem with the hardware, will apple ever fix it, or will they just leave it as is? Will the later runs of the iPhone 4 have the same issues? Would they have to redesign the phone in order to fix the problem?

On a side note, from my own personal experience, I have observed the signal bars going away when holding the iphone 4 a certain way, but I have never experienced a drop call on the iPhone 4 and have never noticed any difference with the call clarity. So I personally think it is a software thing and that those people experiencing dropped calls are the people who also have bad proximity sensors.
    I belive it to be hardware and yes I believe they will be forced to!

But the thing that I don't understand is that they surely test these things and I just cannot believe it has not been found out till now!

I mean if I had Steve Jobs job when I came out with a new style iphone they would be a hundred tested over the United States and not just in the big cities most would be outside of those big cities!

I would know and fix all problems I had with the phone before I put on the selling market!

But that is just me, and I really don't Steve Jobs cares!