Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 battery life is the s***

Default iPhone 4 battery life is the s***
    Alright going from. 3GS to a iPhone 4 in battery life is amazing. Who else loves the battery life in the iPhone 4?
    I can finally go a full day of gaming, browsing, calling, and texting without having to charge it.

Battery life=priceless

Green Apple
    Dearborn Heights, Michigan, United States
    Thanks
    Yeah it's amazing, I used to charge my 3GS like 4 to 5 times a day. iPhone 4 lasts me all day with one or sometimes two charges. Heh, I'm on my phone a lot

Hmmm...my 3GS lasts pretty much from 6AM to 11PM on the charge, though it is getting thin at the end of the day, and heavy use will shorten that.

I've heard the iPhone 4 or the 3GS running iOS4 gets lower battery life from all the multi-tasking work/overhead...

I guess I'll find out soon enough - the 4's are on the way...

^ I agree retina screen, battery, HD camcorder are my

fav things
    Last edited by bobright; 2010-07-02 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

That's weird. I get amazing battery life when multitasking all day on my iPhone 4. I love it.

I get a good 30 hours out of my batter with moderate use. I wonder how much battery I would get sitting on edge instead of 3G all day

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

when i first got it, i had it running basically the whole time, showing it off and staring at the beautifulness of it, along with gaming and networking, and even with all this extra usage, mine lasted 2 1/2 days without needing a charge!! It was amazing and I'm in love with it
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I agree - battery life is amazing.

It's kinda sad in a way: with all the Death Grip stuff (which I'm sure is legit, though mine hasn't had any problems), some of the amazing things about this phone have taken the back seat on msg boards and whatnot.

I'm so happy with mine that I never use my iPad anymore (it looks so pixelated!), and am probably going to *gasp* sell it! I wouldn't have dreamed of that on June 23.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Excel Wiz's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with everyone. The retina display, battery life, and HD Recorder are an amazing upgrade from by old iPhone.

MacBook Pro 15" Core i7|4GB|500GB|HiRes
    iPhone 4 16GB
    iPhone 3G 8GB

I gave my i4 a battery stress test today, by running Pandora ALL DAY LONG, while casually using the phone. I started Pandora at 7:00am, and by 1:30am i had 25% battery remaining! which is quite amazing! My iPhone 3G only got about 5-7 hours of Pandora on a full charge. Also, the i4 charges relatively fast compared to it's battery capacity. All in all, I have fallen' in love with my i4. Yes, there may be a "Death Grip" but if you really think about it, the Pros clearly out weight the Cons. Best iPhone I have ever owned! PERIOD.
    "The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

'Follow Me on [email protected]' I always Follow Back.

True dat ^^

Yeah this battery is the besttt

I am finding the battery not much better than my 3gs.
    Question i have is did you guys charge it when you 1st got it or did you use it till it was flat then give it a full charge?
    Last edited by Robert82; 2010-07-10 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert82 View Post
    Question i have is did you guys charge it when you 1st got it or did you use it till it was flat then give it a full charge?
    Out the box it was 98% I let it die all the way down, and charged it for a few hours. Repeated cycle one more time after it died. Now I always keep it charged when I can, and will do this only once a month. Battery has been great.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bobright For This Useful Post:

Robert82 (2010-07-10)

I charged mine to 100% once I got it and havnt let it die yet cause I can go a whole day without it doing so. Then I just recharge it every night.

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    Out the box it was 98% I let it die all the way down, and charged it for a few hours. Repeated cycle one more time after it died. Now I always keep it charged when I can, and will do this only once a month. Battery has been great.
    Thanks for the reply m8.
    That is exactly what i have done since i got mine. Maybe i am using it more than i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert82 View Post

It is technically impossible for the battery in the i4 to be equal to the 3GS or any previous versions, do to the A4 Processor. It in fact, has less battery consumption than the previous generation iPhones CPU's. And on top of that they made the battery 40% larger. I can go 2 days on a single charge with 'normal use'. As for your question, I had about 95% when I first opened my i4, then I let it drain before I charged it. (-:

Right after my last full charge i have got nearly 2 days out of it and nearly 5 hrs of usage.
    Would you say that is good or not so good?