Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MobileMe won't sync since installing iOS4

Default MobileMe won't sync since installing iOS4
    Anyone else having issues with syncing with MobileMe since upgrading to iOS4? My 3G (jailbroken with PwnageTool 4.0.1 and unlocked with ultrasn0w) simply will not sync Contacts or Calendar any longer. It worked great using Fetch or Push on 3.x, but I get nada now.

I've tried using Manual, Fetch and Push transfer methods, deleting all contacts and calendars on the phone, selecting the Keep option, deleting the MobileMe account on the phone etc. Nothing.

I'm not alone in this, people are moaning about it on the Apple support boards still. Though it is working for some.

Is there any way to latch on to a log and see what the phone is doing when it is "spinning" and contacting MobileMe?

Yippie.

Yet another reason to jailbreak one's iPhone.

I deleted the "com.apple.mobilecal.plist" file on my 3G and wa la, almost instantly the Contacts and Calendars started coming down.

Last edited by eelpout; 2010-07-02 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by eelpout View Post
    Yippie.

Yet another reason to jailbreak one's iPhone.

I deleted the "com.apple.mobilecal.plist" file on my 3G and wa la, almost instantly the Contacts and Calendars started coming down.

How do you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by atamez View Post
    How do you do that?
    Like I said in the original post, you have to jail break your phone so you can enable ssh to manipulate the file system remotely (look for OpenSSH in Cydia). then you can use any number of secure ftp or scp tools from your Mac or PC (like Cyberduck) to go in and delete (or rename if you want to save it) the "com.apple.mobilecal.plist" preference file. When you reboot the phone a new one will be created. I'd recommend deleting all the existing contacts and calendar items on the phone before doing this.

My guess is an index item or time-date stamp had become corrupted in mine and MobileMe had no idea that my contacts and calendar were out of sync, the result being the phone never updated. How that happened I never did figure out.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to eelpout For This Useful Post:

atamez (2010-07-19)

Quote Originally Posted by eelpout View Post
    Like I said in the original post, you have to jail break your phone so you can enable ssh to manipulate the file system remotely (look for OpenSSH in Cydia). then you can use any number of secure ftp or scp tools from your Mac or PC (like Cyberduck) to go in and delete (or rename if you want to save it) the "com.apple.mobilecal.plist" preference file. When you reboot the phone a new one will be created. I'd recommend deleting all the existing contacts and calendar items on the phone before doing this.

My guess is an index item or time-date stamp had become corrupted in mine and MobileMe had no idea that my contacts and calendar were out of sync, the result being the phone never updated. How that happened I never did figure out.
    Ok, thanks!!

where is the com.apple.mobilecal.plist located on the iphone 4 4.0.1 ???

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by braddk View Post
    where is the com.apple.mobilecal.plist located on the iphone 4 4.0.1 ???

thanks
    /var/mobile/Library/Preferences