Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: itunes with 4 and 3gs questions

Default itunes with 4 and 3gs questions
    well i now have two iphones while i am waiting for the unlock to come out for the 4. my question is this. i am running off my 3gs using itunes 9.0.3.15. when they rolled out 3.1.3 and jacked everyone up i didnt flinch so my 3gs is on 3.1.2. Everything is working just fine. well now i pick up the 4 and it requires 9.2 itunes. well i remember reading where the newer versions of itunes wasnt playing nice with unlocked/jb phones. i want to know if i upgrade to 9.2 will it jack up my 3gs syncing. any negative effects?

also trying to figure out how to get my contact over to the 4. i have a legit AT&T card in there to make calls with but it would be nice to have my contacts. so that is why i was thinking 9.2 itunes. can i use 9.2 on both phones? will my contact get sucked into the 4 no prob? what are your thoughts?

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

every thing should sync just fine except say a few apps that are not compatible. but to the new itunes and jailbroken 3gs i do not have an answer. im still on itunes like 8.2 and jailbroken 3.1. good luck
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Thanks

The new iTunes is fine. The only issue was if you had 3.1.3 jailbroken with Spirit.