Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lost App

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Lost App
    I googles and did some searching on here but no solution. After restoring to a backup (from my 3GS), I lost an app or apps originally on my IPhone 4 when I first took it out the box. Can't figure out how to get it back. What apps come with the iPhone 4, can't recall?

BTW...please release jb. I'm a little bored. Font get me wrong I love my iPhone 4.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

YouTube, Clock, Calculator, Voice Memos, Settings, Stocks, Weather, Notes, Maps, Calendar, Contacts, App Store, iTunes, iPod, Photos, Camera, Phone, Mail, Safari, and Messages are the "stock apps" from the iPhone 4.

I noticed that before when I restored to default after jailbreak. I had to restore again, then set up as new. It's a drag, but that's the only way I could solve it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

As nerddownthestreet mentioned. Please restore as new. If your backup was of a jailbroken phone it is always best to setup as new because the jailbroken backup is known to carry some code that could cause issues like this.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

If I restore? How would I get all my contents (texts, call log, photo,etc.)?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Text and call log will be gone. Photos just be sure to sync them before you restore. Unsure how to do that on windows I guess. On OSX we just open iPhoto and chose sync.

But after you setup as new then you can resync. But logs, game saves, app settings, etc will not be restored and you will have to set them up again.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]