Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 - Back Making Clicking Sound

Default iPhone 4 - Back Making Clicking Sound
    Wasn't sure if this was the right forum.

But when I was handling my iPhone 4 today I noticed that when pressing gently on the lower left side of the back it made a clicking sound. I tried other areas of the phone and it makes no clicking noise. I was wondering if other people encountered this issue as well.

Thanks in advance.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No clicking here. Take it back
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Am I the only one that has has no problems with my iPhone 4???

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kmmxracer View Post
    Am I the only one that has has no problems with my iPhone 4???
    haha seriously! I'm here with you, no problems (knocks on wood)
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

only problem for me is the damn dropped calles due to the reception mishap

I guess I can't technically say I haven't had a problem yet because I don't have a SIM installed since I don't use AT&T. I wish there was a way to test out the reception issue.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Haha well way to talk too early. You screwed yourself.

Thanks for the responses. Seems like it's time to make a second trip to the Apple Store.

1st Trip: Pee Stains on Glass
    2nd Trip: Back makes clicking sound

Hopefully there won't be a 3rd.

Yeah I have the reception issue. Damn Sausage McMuffin hands.

Hello,

I had this with the iPhone I got on the Att launch day. After a week and a half the leftside on the back made clicking sound near the sim tray. Waited a few days and even tried
    Rubber bands. I got really ticked so I took it to the apple store and replaced it with a new
    One no questions asked. Do the same. I thought I was the only and the first with this. Nice to know that I'm not alone when I did have that problem

You not the only one, many people complaining about the lower left back clicking sound, you buy an 20mm screwdriver and then tighting the screws, it works only 3 min work

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Take it back!!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

My iP4 had the same clicking sound close to the SIM tray on the back side before but I followed a suggestion somewhere in the internet to open the back of the iP4 and tighten all the screws that you can see and the clicking sound was gone. It's been almost 3 weeks now and the clicking is not coming back.
    By the way, ifixit has all the details to open the iP4 & it's pretty simple. 5-minutes-fix for me.
    Cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yamamoto View Post
    My iP4 had the same clicking sound close to the SIM tray on the back side before but I followed a suggestion somewhere in the internet to open the back of the iP4 and tighten all the screws that you can see and the clicking sound was gone. It's been almost 3 weeks now and the clicking is not coming back.
    By the way, ifixit has all the details to open the iP4 & it's pretty simple. 5-minutes-fix for me.
    Cheers
    So let me get this straight, rather than taking advantage of your warranty, you decided to void it instead? Really?
    Last edited by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz; 2010-09-30 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Spelling failZz

Well tightening the screws won't void the warranty. Opening them will. But yea I would rather go to an apple store for exchange. You can try tightening the two bottom screws since that only takes 2 seconds and would save u time of going all the way to the store

Thanks

Well he said to OPEN THE BACK and then tighten all the screws, opening the back = void

Actually opening just the back will NOT void ur warranty because it only requires for u to remove the bottom 2 screws. When u think about it, it makes sense because to change the battery you need to open just the bottom screws so if that voided ur warranty, then changing ur battery would be a lot more complicated.