Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: APN / MMS editing on IOS 4

Default APN / MMS editing on IOS 4
    So lots of people have been having issues with this and most solution are effect people differently. The only solution that seemed to work for me was supreme preferences 3.0 then enable cellular editing in the option but supreme preferences isn't that stable..... it keeps auto dimming my screen and won't disable even after disabling it. it keeps going re-enabling everytime..

So if you need to edit your apn/mms this is the best way and if anyone knows of a fix for the dimming / auto lock issue im referring to that would be great thanks a lot

Thanks

Cydia only has Supreme Preferences 2.0 and is not compatble with iOS 4.0 on the 3GS.
    Is there another repo that needs to be loaded for Supreme Preferences 3.0?

Thanks

Hey sorry for the late reply. Ya you can google for a repo not to hard to find.... kinda mad how everyone says that new version of redsnow unlocks apn setting when i still don't after trying and even doing a restore..... wasted many hours trying but might be because i don't have an AT&T iphone but a fido one..... but I'm actually not a fan of supreme preferences it kinda sucks beside 2 features the other setting **** up my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by MalayZN View Post
    Hey sorry for the late reply. Ya you can google for a repo not to hard to find.... kinda mad how everyone says that new version of redsnow unlocks apn setting when i still don't after trying and even doing a restore..... wasted many hours trying but might be because i don't have an AT&T iphone but a fido one..... but I'm actually not a fan of supreme preferences it kinda sucks beside 2 features the other setting **** up my phone.
    I don't know why b-5 of the new redsn0w isn't fixing the MMS for you, it did on my Softback iPhone 3G. And yes Supreme preferences is horrible. Other than releasing the MMS and unlocking emoji outside Japan, it is useless. It was causing my lock screen to not dim, wasting a lot of battery every time I got a txt.

I think you can just jailbreak over your jailbreak and have nothing checked not even cydia abd it will restore cellular data network/apn settings or if you dont want to do that then When you jailbreak with new version of redsnow make sure that you do it over ios4 (obvious) and only have the cydia checked. Don't have anything else checked. If you've done that and it's still not there. You may have to restore back to ios4 and rejailbreak. Just make sure ya cellular data is turned on in ya settings>network. That should see ya through.
    Last edited by kingmodest; 2010-07-16 at 04:33 PM.

I tried both and even restored and jailbreak still not showing up had to go back to supreme pref 3.0 again which i hate.....

Found the solution it requires editing carrier.plist and a comcenternosig bundle for which ever 4.X fw u have. It works great.