Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3GS can't restore to ios4

Default Iphone 3GS can't restore to ios4
    Hello. I am new at the forum.
    I have this problem: i have an iphone 3gs 32gb. Ut was jailbrokened with spirit, and cydia asked for a complete upgrade. I did that, but i was not so patient, and it seemed that the phone have stacked to the restart point. So i restarted manually the iphone, and asked me for a restore. I did that, with itunes 9.2 to ios4 and at the end of the procedure, a message popped up saying me that the restore could not complete and asked again to try the restore. I did it for 3 times again, the same thing happened, and from then the iphone cannot be restored and i can only take emergence calls. Everytime I plug the iphone in a pc/mac, it tries to restore, but it cannot and always i come up with a msg in Itunes: There is a problem with your device. We are sorry the iphone you connected is not recognized and cannot be activated for service. Visit the nearest applestore'I am in Greece and there is not an applestore'
    The weird is that at the only screen that i can see, the one of the emergency call, i can see the new wallpaper of the ios4 with the raindrops. change of pc or mac didn't help, and trying reset the iphone or putting it in dfu mode made no difference.
    Is there a solution to fix it? any help appreciated . .

there is a foto of the itunes msg..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screen-shot-2010-06-29-2.25.13-am.png  

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Was your phone jailbroke on 3.1.2 ever?

If you are on firmware 3.1.3 and jailbroken with Spirit you can not go directly to jailbroken 4.0. If your iPhone 3GS has the new bootrom you can not currently jailbreak 4.0. You can figure out what bootrom you have by running f0recast, if it says Tethered Yes then you can not currently jailbreak 4.0.

You need to be on 3.1.2 firmware and jailbroken. If you need to downgrade back down to 3.1.2 make sure you have you SHSHs on file in Cydia for 3.1.2 and then follow this guide. Afterwords simply run blackra1n, edit your hosts file back to normal, and you'll be ready to follow this guide.

If you are on 3.1.3 or 4.0 and can't downgrade to 3.1.2 because you don't have your SHSHs on file you currently can't jailbreak your iPhone 3GS to 4.0.

from: How to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS to 4.0 with PwnageTool | OS X
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

i had jailbreaked 3.1.2 iphone. and 3.1.3 with spirit. the problem is not that i can't jailbreak, but that the iphone is not working at all, is stuck at restore procedure.

post can be closed.broken baseband,
    thanks..