Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Model Number Question

Default Model Number Question
    I've read that MC model iPhone 3GS's cannot be jailbroken (in general), and it's even moreso that it cannot be jailbroken if the fourth and fifth numbers are like 40 and above (or 45 and above, I can't remember). But my model number is MC135LL (yes, MC model, but number is below 40).
    I'm confused... could someone clarify this for me? I've read successful reports of people jailbreaking on this model number. Could someone just tell me what my model number means?

if the 4th and 5th digit of your serial is less than 40, its the older bootrom..

The whole MC MB thing is very confusing and is generally used for the iPod, specifically the iPod 2g.

But if its less than 40, your good

Also both new and old bootroms can be jailbroken, just new boot rom devices are pretty much locked to 3.1.3 at this time, but since your on the old bootrom, you can use any version you'd like, just be sure to do research before you just update.
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 2010-06-27 at 11:42 PM.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks

the MC thing is meant for iPods not iPhones.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    if the 4th and 5th digit of your serial is less than 40, its the older bootrom..

The whole MC MB thing is very confusing and just helps if the digits are between 40 and 50.

But if its less than 40, your good

Also both new and old bootroms can be jailbroken, just new boot rom devices are pretty much locked to 3.1.3 at this time, but since your on the old bootrom, you can use any version you'd like, just be sure to do research before you just update.
    Yeah, I've already researched the whole updating process, but my phone was already upgraded to 4.0 without the 3.1.3 being jailbroken, and I don't have any SHSH blobs saved but I was just wondering. And yeah, I already knew that my bootrom was the old one, because I checked that through the system profiler thing xP. Anyway, thanks so much for clearing that up, that at least gives me a bit more hope for the dev-team to come out with a post-upgrade jailbreak for iOS 4

Spirit will be out once 4.0.1 is released (should be within a week or two)