Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS4 doesn't have enough room to backup. What to do?

Default iOS4 doesn't have enough room to backup. What to do?
    I sync my iphone on my netbook which has a small C drive and a larger D drive. When I tried to update to OS4 it said it didn't have enough room to backup....but I could install and lose all my info. I can't clear enough room off my C drive because it basically just holds the XP OS. I'm stuck at this point. Any way around this?

If you installed itunes to your d drive, it would save there.

maybe if you set your library to the D drive that'll work, but i'm not 100% sure
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

OK. My library file is on a separate disc, so that doesn't seem to matter. Can I install iTunes on D and have it recognize my phone and then try to update from there?

give it a try, it wont hurt
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

It won't let me install on D without uninstalling the one on C. What consequences will that have?

you'll just have to redo your library.

Well, that didn't work. It's still telling me I don't have enough room to backup. What happens if I tell it not to backup before in updates? It says it will result in loss of all media on the phone. But can't I just resync and get that stuff back? Will AptBackup work if I don't do the backup?