Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just bought an unlocked and jailbroken iPhone - help please

Default Just bought an unlocked and jailbroken iPhone - help please
    I just purchased an unlocked/jailbroken phone and I am trying to find out what are the things I should never do... I read somewhere that I shouldn't use/update iTunes for music. Anyone know why? And what I should use instead? And where to get music if not from iTunes?

I bought this phone: iPhone 3g 16 gb - unlocked and jailbroken on 3.1.2 (cydia installed/backra1n)

Not sure what Cydia means or is. I am clueless. I would really appreciate some input/help from experienced users.

Thanks in advance!

When you go to itune it will say there is a new firmware would u like to up date/ do not up date if you want to enjoy that phone just do some research and u will learn more

Thank you gqgarnett! I appreciate the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by jackydcr View Post
    I just purchased an unlocked/jailbroken phone and I am trying to find out what are the things I should never do... I read somewhere that I shouldn't use/update iTunes for music. Anyone know why? And what I should use instead? And where to get music if not from iTunes?

I bought this phone: iPhone 3g 16 gb - unlocked and jailbroken on 3.1.2 (cydia installed/backra1n)

Not sure what Cydia means or is. I am clueless. I would really appreciate some input/help from experienced users.

Thanks in advance!

Jackydcr, you can update iTunes. Just don't update your iPhone's firmware. You can use iTunes for your purchases and downloads with no problem.

3.1.2 is your firmware for your phone. Think of Cydia as your unofficial app store. With Cydia you can find some great apps, themes, and ringtones! Some are great! Some are not so great. Just play with your phone a little bit. Don't be afraid to try new things. Just avoid updating your iPhone.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Benniwise For This Useful Post:

jackydcr (2010-06-27)