Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4 on iPhone 3G. Photo's not saving :s

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Default iOS 4 on iPhone 3G. Photo's not saving :s
    Having quite a few problems on my iPhone atm with iOS 4. But a bigger one is photo's. I took lots of pictures today and they just arn't in my camera roll. It just shows the photo's I had before(When I was on 3.1.3).

The thumbnail of the last picture I took is there when I open the camera again, but when I click the thumbnail, an old picture (I took on 3.1.3)comes up.

When I take a picture and click the thumbnail straight away, the picture I just took comes up. But when I go to click delete or the button on the very left, it just says "Saving..." and doesn't go away untill I click the back button. Then I quit the camera and photo's app or respring or reboot, and the photo is gone. It just goes back to my 3.1.3 photo's.

It's really annoying. It's jailbroken with Redsn0w. Anyone know how to fix it?
    Last edited by WhySoSeriouss; 2010-06-27 at 02:49 AM.

Default Camera Roll Problems too
    Same here,
    I only have the photos from previous firmware (3.13).
    All pictures taken with iOS 4 (on my iphone 3G) are not saved. It shows that I am taking lots of pictures, but after exiting camera roll, they just disappear, and left only with previous pics.
    I even tried to reboot, restore my iphone (3 times), and sync, and test again.
    The problem still exist.
    Basically, my iphone now, is just an iphone without a camera.
    Unless there is a fix, or workaround for it.
    It is frustrating, since even with the 2 MP camera, I use my iphone camera a lot.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Some of my friends arn't having this problem and they're on an iPhone 3G and jailbroken the same way. Thiers is working fine. I was going to consider restoring again but since you said you've done it 3 times, i'll just leave it.

Really annoying. I too use the camera a lot.

Also, the geotagging doesn't work. Anyone know whats up with that?
    I don't have all those options on photo's. Just the normal ones.
    Last edited by WhySoSeriouss; 2010-06-27 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This happened to me on my old 3.0 3g

basically i had to restore the phone, take a picture before i even setup as new phone (right after activation, but before the first sync)

then setup as new phone, and it worked for me.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

richardib (2010-07-15)

hey thanks,this worked on my iphone 3gs on ios4..many thanks

Had the same issues and fixed this by fixing the files/directories permissions:
    ssh to iPhone
    cd /private/var/mobile/Media
    chown mobile: * -R

apparently some folders where set as owned by root so the camera cannot modify them.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to quochuy For This Useful Post:

kuanghan (2010-12-07)

@quochuy:
    I have a 3GS recently upgraded to iOS 4.1.0 and jailbroken with limera1n. Then I just realized today that the photos I took didn't actually save. I tried your tip and now the photos are able to save.
    It was actually weird because when I ssh-ed in my iPhone, I saw the directories under /private/var/mobile/Media were all owned by mobile. But I still did it anyway, and now it works. Not sure what happened there.

Quote Originally Posted by kuanghan View Post
    @quochuy:
    I have a 3GS recently upgraded to iOS 4.1.0 and jailbroken with limera1n. Then I just realized today that the photos I took didn't actually save. I tried your tip and now the photos are able to save.
    It was actually weird because when I ssh-ed in my iPhone, I saw the directories under /private/var/mobile/Media were all owned by mobile. But I still did it anyway, and now it works. Not sure what happened there.
    That's because you also need to change the ownership of the sub-directories and files too, that's what my command is doing.

Go to settings
    general
    reset
    reseet all