Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Vertical lines down screen?

Default Vertical lines down screen?
    I'm struggling to believe these can be scratches as I've been pretty anal about taking care of my new phone, getting an invisible shield and all sorts. Just wanting to confirm that I've somehow managed to spoil my phone on day 1.

Basically hard to see until you notice them, I only did when messing with brightness and saw on a White background. Perfectly straight and seem to change various colours like an oil slick or prism or something, which is what makes me assume they are scratches.

Anyone else?

doesnt sound like any known issue I've heard of.
    Take it to apple asap. If you have to repair this phone it will very expensive right now.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Sounds like a problem with your screen protector application.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

I had the same problem, on Wednesday when I got the phone I took it straight to the mall and had them put-on the full body shield. It Took about half n hour.. Left the mall I hasn't even gotten 2 blocks away and realized those lines on the screen as well! So I took it right back and the lady said it was a manafactures defect and she would reinstall a new one! Took another 30 min.. Once she was done I checked it and sure enough it still had those lines. She said wait about a week and if they r not gone I can return it! I laughed and told her to give me a refund, then she had the nerve to tell me they can only refund me the $25 not the $12 install! I laughed at her once again and told her I don't want this to get ugly jut refund me my entire $40 back, so she did! Kinda disappointed I really wanted it on my phone, but I can't deal with those lines especially how clear and crisp the screen looks! I'd return your stuff man!