Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3gs 3.1.2 : new botroom

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    You should be able to activate any iPhone with any phone book sim.

It was discovered by Sherif Hashim. You can see the video he made of it here: YouTube - iPhone Activation without original sim -)
    That is a Phone Book Sim, which is a special sim used for that purpose its not a carrier sim like AT&T or any of the other carriers!

If you notice when it put the Orange phone sim in it said not supported!

If yo have a Phone Book Sim this would work as it is different than carrier supported!

In my iphone the model is MC143C while at the back of my iphone it says the model no. is A1303 FCC. I googled all over but could not find the original carrier. I will certainly try for the phone Book Sim. Thanks Guys !!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    That is a Phone Book Sim, which is a special sim used for that purpose its not a carrier sim like AT&T or any of the other carriers!

If you notice when it put the Orange phone sim in it said not supported!

If yo have a Phone Book Sim this would work as it is different than carrier supported!
    To be honest, I don't know anything about it. I just remembered seeing the video. Though, I'd suppose it was easier to get one of these phone book sims as they would probably (am I mistaken?) be available all over the world.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    To be honest, I don't know anything about it. I just remembered seeing the video. Though, I'd suppose it was easier to get one of these phone book sims as they would probably (am I mistaken?) be available all over the world.
    Actually I did some research on this and the only place I found them was in Europe, but I did not look real hard for them!

It seems the sim was about $5 US and like $17 shipping!

I did a search in Radio Shak and found nothing!

It would be nice to have but in my case I live in the US and have several AT&T sims!

On another note I took my Iphone 4 micro-sim out and put it in my 3gs that I replaced the Iphone 4 with and the 3gs went back to working! I have not tried a regular AT&T sim cut down in my Iphone 4 to see if it works!
    Last edited by area51crypto; 2010-08-05 at 04:03 PM.

Guys with limera1n out. Can i Now do something???? It hacktivates the phone so that means i dont need original sim to activate.Right????

Can I upgrade to 4.0.1 and then jailbreak and unlock ? is it possible? M too Excited guys .Plz Help Me.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by axxy123 View Post
    Guys with limera1n out. Can i Now do something???? It hacktivates the phone so that means i dont need original sim to activate.Right????

Can I upgrade to 4.0.1 and then jailbreak and unlock ? is it possible? M too Excited guys .Plz Help Me.
    Yes. If you update to 4.0/4.0.1/4.0.2 you can jailbreak with limera1n and unlock with ultrasn0w.

so that mean I dont be requiring official sim to activate my phone at any stage of unlocking??right ????

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by axxy123 View Post
    so that mean I dont be requiring official sim to activate my phone at any stage of unlocking??right ????
    Correct. Once you upgrade to any of those versions, you'll be stuck on the activation screen. Then simply run limera1n and it'll jailbreak and hactivate your device.

You'll need access to wifi though, since you need to run Cydia and install ultrasn0w from there.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

axxy123 (2010-10-15)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12