Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Getting iPhone 4 thru friend's account?

Default Getting iPhone 4 thru friend's account?
    I would like some input on whether this would work or not.

I'm using a prepaid att sim in my current iPhone 3G.

Some friends of mine have att. My thinking is that they could upgrade one of their lines to the iPhone 4 and I pay for it. When it arrives, I just activate it with my (cut up) prepaid sim? Can I do that? What would happen to their current phone on that line? Are there things I'm missing in this process and has somebody else tried it?

Thanks for any input!

cool just on issue MICRO SIM card other then that nothing it would work out pretty good. If they are not eligible for the early upgrade then the phone will cost almost as much as if not activated I think not sure I haven't checked recently.

Yeah, I was planning on just cutting my current sim down to micro sim size. Is it really that easy though? I keep feeling like I'm missing something...

As far as I know that would make the sim unusable but I could be wrong, my advice unless you have a backup sim don't try it. Other then that it should be that easy. So unles you can get ahold of a micro sim there would be no point in trying it

It wont be unusable. The contact is the same size. I'll only cut the cardboard. Lots of people do it.