Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tether iphone to 360?

Default Tether iphone to 360?
    Is it possible to tether the iphone to a 360? If I tether it can I use it as a WiFi spot or can you only use 3G while tethered?

I'm not quite sure what the rest of your question is, but if you use MyWi, and your xbox can connect to wifi, then you can tether.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

When you tether your iPhone, does it use 3G or does it use WiFi when available?

it uses the 3g off of the phone, and broadcasts it over wifi...

If you have wifi in your area, you could just connect the 360 directly to that.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Well the thing is I don't have a wireless adapter for my 360. I wanted to know if I could use the iPhone as either a wireless adapter or a WiFi hotspot

you'll need a wireless adaptor then...

I mean if you want to be SUPER ghetto about it, you can tether your iPhone to your computer, Then share your internet over an ethernet cable to the 360...

I TRied using MyWi to tether my ps3 and the ps3 doesn't see the iPhone

You can also tether the iPhone to your computer via USB, then connect your 360 to the computer with ethernet. Then set up Internet connection sharing on the computer.

Doesn't tethering work through an adHoc network which you can not create on a gaming platform?

I think so but mywi doesn't it turns your 3g into wifi

I don't think this is a good idea lol..