Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4 slow/buggy on iPhone 3G?

Default iOS 4 slow/buggy on iPhone 3G?
    i dunno is it just me or the iOS 4 on a 3g is a slower than previous update, my phone freezes up and even safari crashes once ina blue.

maybe its cuz of the jailbreak? anyone else notice anything?

Mine was virtually unusable the first time I tried, but then I did a full restore and setup as a new phone and it's been running quite nicely.

haha damn... i hate doin this whole trial and error ****, yea texting is so slow for me, i hit the send button takes like 30 seconds to send.

i see on yer profile u have the 3GS tho, but aren't those phones faster normally? i figure cuz mine was the original 3G it might just normally be slow as ****.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

I have an iPhone 3G and I jailbroke it today with redsn0w 0.9.5 b-4 and chose to enable multitasking and wallpaper. I have to admit it is pretty slow and kinda unresponsive, but not so much that I'm gonna cry about it and call it unusable. It's pretty decent

Quote Originally Posted by louietsang View Post
    haha damn... i hate doin this whole trial and error ****, yea texting is so slow for me, i hit the send button takes like 30 seconds to send.

i see on yer profile u have the 3GS tho, but aren't those phones faster normally? i figure cuz mine was the original 3G it might just normally be slow as ****.
    I should have clarified, when I ordered a iphone 4, I gave the wife my 3GS and have been playing with her old 3G for the last couple of weeks.

Updated it to 4.0, and then jailbroke it on Tuesday.