Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Battery life dropped 3G iOS4

Default Battery life dropped 3G iOS4
    Ever since updating, my battery life has been dropping significantly faster. I HAVE enabled multitasking and background wallpaper, so I am assuming that is the fault, but I have been using Backgrounder without a hitch. Anybody else notice a significant change?

Also as a note, I do close many of the apps fully out once done. I owned a Blackberry for years so I am already familiar with keeping apps closed.

i'm experiencing the same thing. went to sleep with 100% charge. woke up 8 hours later with 70%. phone was in standby the whole time. have multitasking and wallpaper enabled also.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds like an issue... I know that my battery life definitely got better!

Current Score: 2 vs 1

iPhone? More like MyPhone dazzer1983's Avatar
    Thanks

Get a better phone. Problem solved Hit thanks if you found this helpful lol

Get out of my thread

iPhone? More like MyPhone dazzer1983's Avatar
    Thanks

Hhhmmmm how about NO.

WOW every year without a doubt, people claim the new OS reduces battery life... when of course they don't realize they are playing with the phone more because its on a new, undiscovered firmware.

My battery life is the same, so check to see if your battery life still sucks in official 4.0, if not, then you've found your problem (all 4.0 jailbreak tools are still in beta form)
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

I have not been playing with it other than typical daily use first off. Second, I talked to my friend who also has a 3GS that is NOT jailbroken, and his battery life has dropped as well.

I understand the breaks are in beta right now and that this is a .0 release, so I will wait for them to correct the issue. Again, I am not the only person reporting this, even with my phone having the multitasking/wallpaper enabled.

so i restored to stock ios4 and jailbroke using redsnow without enabling multitasking and battery life is back to normal. guess that was the problem for me. i don't really use it that much anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by foureyez View Post
    so i restored to stock ios4 and jailbroke using redsnow without enabling multitasking and battery life is back to normal. guess that was the problem for me. i don't really use it that much anyways.
    I removed SBSettings, and my battery got better. Not great, but better.