Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Icons space and Dock space Changed iOs4

Default Icons space and Dock space Changed iOs4
    Got a strange problem .
    The space between the icons and the space between the Dock and the end of the screen all sudden is smaller.
    See photo

I`ve installed BossPaper nothing happend the there was an Update and I think it was the Update..I removed it stil the same problem..theninstalled it back ..same problem.
    Any one know how to fix this? Except to restore?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0007-1-.png  

I've got the similar problem as you. But for mine, app icons which are on the dock will turn invisible!

It happened right after I updated winterboard and respringed my iPhone. I've tried re-installing it and rebooting my iPhone. Still the same.

Not having icons on the dock is really annoying. Is there anyway to remedy this?

Damn... I dont use Winterboard any more but I think it was Sbsettings..it had an update today morning..
    Do you have sbsettings installed?

Yes, I use SBSetting too, I updated both SBSettings and Winterboard at the same time, just 2 hours ago.

The night before, there was also many updates, including SBSettings and winterboard. But that one went fine.

I also posted on the Jailbreak fan page on Facebook and I was told (by another iPhone user) to wait for the next winterboard update, and whatever happen was most prolly some unknown bug.

Ohh ok..So dont go restore and install all again cause I might be at the same point again..just wait for tha update...hope its today..
    whats the fan wall on FB ?

Ahh I completely un-installed SBSettings and winterboard. I still get the same glitch. I'm not good with technical terms, but some files are prolly just messed up.

Here's the FB page: Jailbreak | Facebook

Has anyone figured this one out? I've got the same problem and have yet to find any helpful info...

Use Cydia and remove the MobileSubstrate package; the confirmation screen will list all the installed add-ons that might have any effect on the way your Springboard or other apps might behave. If there are any listed that you did not mention here, those would be your prime suspects.

I can't speak for Bigboss' software directly, that is; I don't know how BossPaper works but I do know it's a MobileSubstrate extension and you can remove them all to isolate your problem. You will have to install things again one at a time to determine the culprit.

The principles of MobileSusbtrate include protecting your device from irreversible changes, and is based on runtime modification that is non-permanent. Bosspaper should not, and does not, as far as I know, cause any problem like this. I cant really say much for 4.0, it's too early at this point. Send all bugs to Bigboss

9. The Following User Says Thank You to optimo For This Useful Post:

okc_smoker (2010-07-11)

Thank you, optimo!

UPDATE: Just for the record, I uninstalled most MobileSubstrate apps with no success. I then tried re-jailbreaking which didn't have any affect either. Finally, I restored to OS4 which finally fixed the problem. I then jailbroke again and installed everything I had before, minus BossPaper, and everything is fine. It appears BossPaper is somehow at fault here.
    Last edited by okc_smoker; 2010-07-12 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost