Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP (Cydia Apps not Working)

Exclamation HELP (Cydia Apps not Working)
    Yesterday I got my iPhone (it was jailbroken by the person who sold it to me on ebay) and i unlocked it myself. Anyway i noticed regular apps work fine (appstore), but when i try using any cydia app/tweak/anything it doesn't work or is really messed up. For example: Winterboard = Themes don't show up AT ALL, Not even the regular settings that are included with winterboard work, Categories = Two folders show up, but it doesn't hide the icons from the homescreen (i tried hiding them manually to no prevail), 5 icon dock = doesn't work, etc. ALL HAVING TO DO WITH CYDIA APPS, is there a reason for this, should I rejailbreak? (How would i go about doing that without bricking and what software would i use if so...) or should i restore (and give me instructions once again i don't want a bricked iphone.)

iPHONE = Baseband 05.12.1 (Unlocked with new ULTRASNOW)
    Old Baseband of course.
    Firmware = 3.1.3

Thanks for any help.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tbdsonicx2 For This Useful Post:

hasanuz2001 (2011-01-02)

no dont re jailbreak. it wont solve anything. others have had this same issue. as of now cydia released a mobile substrate patch. this will reload strings for ALL your apps from cydia. they will work. IMPORTANT: when installing the patch the screen will hang at the end when "loading changes"
    dont stay at this page for more than 10 sec or you will brick. hold down the power and home button to force a shutoff after 5-10 sec. Good luck.

Confirmed on ipod touch 3g FW 3.1.3 Spirit

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D00mFighteR For This Useful Post:

hasanuz2001 (2011-01-02), tbdsonicx2 (2010-06-22)

Thank you sooooooo much. It fixed all the problems i was having with cydia, Thanks 1000x.

D00mFighter thang you so much )))