Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Selling my iPhone 3G, how to completely wipe?

Default Selling my iPhone 3G, how to completely wipe?
    I'm getting the iPhone 4 this week and I plan on selling my old 3G. What's the best way to wipe it so the new owner doesn't have any of my info?

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

plug it into iTunes and click restore to default...it does just that and restores to default....just make sure you don't tell it to restore from a backup hope that helps...
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

Also after you restore it, remove your sim before shipping....

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

^^ smart man right there... i did leave that crucial step out, though it may not be necessary because AT&T told my dad that a new micro-sim would be shipping with my iPhone 4 and that it would get my old phone number and that my current sim would be deactivated..that would still be good for safe measure and common sense
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

^yup for safe measure of course, might i add after you restore and pull your sim out, the last crucial step is powering off/on your phone otherwise even if you pulled your sim your number will still show on the phone (of course unless you dont mind)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I suggest you jailbreak it and unlock it, if your potting it on ebay or anything. They seem to be pulling in a much higher price for jailbroken and unlocked phones as opposed to just regular 3g's.