Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Front facing camera only for calls?

Default Front facing camera only for calls?
    I was watching videos and the way they talk about the new front facing camera on iphone 4 it seems like its only for when your using facetime to talk is that true? This is probably a dumb question its just i could see apple doing that
    No signature spam or links... Thanks

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Not exactly sure. And i agree lol i could see Appme doing that too. Although, i think it would be able to be utilized for photo taking as well. If not, some dev will create an awesome tweak to fix that!

Apple* not appme -.- darn iPhone keyboard...
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-06-20 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

yeh i would think they wouldnt do that seeing all the social networking stuff. i would never put anything past apple though.. and yeh im sure that would be any easy tweak for any dev. If it is only for facetime how am i suppose to take pics with people
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

i thought that when i watched the WWDC on apple's website they mentioned it being used for taking pictures too, and I figure that it would be open to development (i saw a thread saying skype may make an app for it?) but I'm not positive and like posted above- I wouldn't put it past apple to make the next version more compatible after we all complain if they don't do it this time :/
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.