Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken 3G to iphone 4

Default Jailbroken 3G to iphone 4
    I have a jailbroken 3g but just ordered a Iphone 4. I want to keep my 3g to use it essentially as an Itouch, and would prefer to keep it jailbroken if possible.

when i go to get me new phone on thursday im assuming they will try and shift my contacts from 3g to iphone 4. I guess the phone will need to be restored to original, and i assume they will put my old sim into the new phone.

Do i then rejailbreak the 3g? Can i do that with out a sim? I assume that when i restore the iphone it will install the latest software. is the latest software breakable?

just take the sim out of the 3g. It will just say "no sim" in the top left corner. It still works fine. Just leave the 3g at home, you dont want them to see its jailbroken!

iPhone? More like MyPhone rawhog's Avatar
    Thanks

Not only that, but the new Micro sim won't fit the 3G and vice versa,

if i dont bring the phone it how do i move all of my contacts and apps from the 3g to the 4

Huh?

Plug the phone into iTunes, back it up. Goto the store, get the new phone, bring it home and plug it in. It willl ask if u wish to set up a new phone or restore from a backup. You can chose what backup to use

btw, since your iPhone 3g is over a year old I assume then who cares if you jailbreak it.
    Apple only gives free hardware support for a year after purchase so after that hack away because it's not like it will disqualify you from support.