Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 in-store reservation ambiguity

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 in-store reservation ambiguity
    Got my in-store reservation confirmed for the 24th, but a little confusion. First, it says:

"Pickup Date and Time
    June 24 starting at 7:00 a.m.
    Please note that your reservation will be held until close of business on June 24."

But then the fine print says:

"Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis."

Is the second part referring to my reservation? Which would basically mean if I'm not there early enough, they'll sell my "reserved" iPhone? ...or is that more of a general note to others who don't have a reservation (if so, why put it in my confirmation email)?

I'm planning on getting there early either way, but just curious if anyone knows . . .

Last edited by wvcachi; 2011-01-01 at 11:42 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I think you better get there very early. Reservations just allow the stores to anticipate demand.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

wvcachi (2010-06-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I think you better get there very early. Reservations just allow the stores to anticipate demand.
    Thanks, Stealth - you the man.

. . . think I'll play it safe and get in line now. So long, hygiene.

Thanks

lmao. Breaking out the tent already

Thanks

hahaha who wants some s'mores?

Ok guys. I have family in Apple store management, and this is how its workin this year:

1. There will be 2 lines this year. A reservation line and a non reservation line.
    2. There is a 97% chance you WILL get your phone on iDay 2010. The reason it doesnt GUARANTEE is if there is some sort of natural disaster or if the FedEx truck wrecks enroute with the phones or etc etc.
    3. The second line is for people that do NOT reserve, and they are first come first serve.
    4. They will have your phone until the end of the business day

This comin directly from the mouth of store management

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mthomas184 For This Useful Post:

wvcachi (2010-06-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mthomas184 View Post
    Ok guys. I have family in Apple store management, and this is how its workin this year:

1. There will be 2 lines this year. A reservation line and a non reservation line.
    2. There is a 97% chance you WILL get your phone on iDay 2010. The reason it doesnt GUARANTEE is if there is some sort of natural disaster or if the FedEx truck wrecks enroute with the phones or etc etc.
    3. The second line is for people that do NOT reserve, and they are first come first serve.
    4. They will have your phone until the end of the business day

This comin directly from the mouth of store management
    Cool - sounds similar to the iPad launch.

I'm not taking any chances though - anyone know where to get a good Porta-potty?

Quote Originally Posted by wvcachi View Post
    Cool - sounds similar to the iPad launch.

I'm not taking any chances though - anyone know where to get a good Porta-potty?
    Just bring a bucket.

Did they do this whole 2-line thing for the iPad launch as well? If so, how long and insane should I anticipate the "reserved" line to be. I probably have around 45 min max I can spend in the store either before work or on my lunch. I get off after close.

Thanks

13. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

wvcachi (2010-06-17)

Thanks

I hit up a suburban Apple Store for the iPad launch, got in the reserved line an hour before opening, and was one of the first ones out the door, iPad in hand . . .

BUT I expect this to be a different beast altogether. You can give it a shot, but you might have trouble getting in with that window of time.

I hit up a suburban Apple Store for the iPad launch, got in the reserved line an hour before opening, and was one of the first ones out the door, iPad in hand . . .

BUT I expect this to be a different beast altogether. You can give it a shot, but you might have trouble getting in with that window of time.
    Thank you. I may have to skip class and be there at 7. Do you think I may be able to get out of there in 2 hours or less? I know there is no way to know for sure, but an educated guess maybe. How long did you wait when you say you where one of the first ones out? Total time in the store.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
    Thank you. I may have to skip class and be there at 7. Do you think I may be able to get out of there in 2 hours or less? I know there is no way to know for sure, but an educated guess maybe. How long did you wait when you say you where one of the first ones out? Total time in the store.
    In my case, I think it was 10 minutes or so after the store opened.

... but as popular as the iPad was, I expect this to be muuuuuuuuch bigger. Especially considering people who wanted an iPad had a week or two to order online. iPhone 4 gave people one half of a very disfunctional day to order online.

For what it's worth though, at my store, the employees were extremely organized and focused on giving reserved people priority.

I'm planning on getting there 3-4 am and I'm prepared to be back a ways in the reserved line.
    Last edited by wvcachi; 2010-06-17 at 02:38 AM.

In my case, I think it was 10 minutes or so after the store opened.

... but as popular as the iPad was, I expect this to be muuuuuuuuch bigger. Especially considering people who wanted an iPad had a week or two to order online. iPhone 4 gave people one half of a very disfunctional day to order online.

For what it's worth though, at my store, the employees were extremely organized and focused on giving reserved people priority.

LOL @ pure truth.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yea mines say the same thing... i just stayed up til 1am pst and got my reservation with no problem.... sorry to all the people that didnt get one.... sike im gettin mines lol