Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Official iOS 4.0 Compatibility List!

Just a heads up, I've just released a package on Cydia called Features (for iPod 2G) that includes the option to enable the Unified iPod (replacing iTransformToiPod). It works just fine without disabling anything on the iPod 2G, and comes with options for enabling any other features as well. I'll release a package to unify the Music/Video apps on the iPod 3G as well if someone will get me the N##AP.plist file from /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

Also, if anyone has that same file from an iPhone 3G, I'll update "Features" for that device as well.

(Features enables iOS 4 features on devices that didn't get them by default. You can enable/disable each feature at will through WinterBoard. You don't have to re-run redsn0w every time.)
    No sig spam | @MikeBeas

That sounds great - here are the required files from my 3GS:

http://from-dusk.till-dawn.de/Temp/NxxAP.plist.zip

3. The Following User Says Thank You to eyePH0NE For This Useful Post:

MC SE7EN (2010-07-16)

Quote Originally Posted by eyePH0NE View Post
    That sounds great - here are the required files from my 3GS:

http://from-dusk.till-dawn.de/Temp/NxxAP.plist.zip
    Awesome, thanks. I'll try to get the update uploaded later today!

EDIT: Actually I need it from the 3G, not the 3GS, since the 3GS already has all the features. All I'd be able to do with these would be to disable the features. The 3G and 3GS have different plists.

EDIT 2: How curious... the 3GS file is here and has an "include" setting for the 3G file, which is also here... so this IS what I need then. Thanks!
    Last edited by MC SE7EN; 2010-07-16 at 10:35 AM.
    No sig spam | @MikeBeas

Don't hurry! And thank you very much for your efforts.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

My car runs fine with Diesel, I just had to replace the engine

So the fact is that Winterboard themes created for iOS 3 do NOT work "out of the box" under iOS4.
    I quote BigBoss again:
    "Most winterboard themes are obsolete due to new structuring in iOS4"

(http://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?ke...g&toomany=true)

EDIT: Just noticed that there's an iOS4 update for CLASSified
    I can't stress this enough, I downloaded a whole bunch of themes in Rock that were last updated in 2009! They ceased to release updates and and it still works perfectly under iOS4. So far 15 themes, all working "Out-Of-The-Box"

Quote Originally Posted by Halten77 View Post
    I can't stress this enough, I downloaded a whole bunch of themes in Rock that were last updated in 2009! They ceased to release updates and and it still works perfectly under iOS4. So far 15 themes, all working "Out-Of-The-Box"
    Could you please name a few of these themes?

What device do you have?

Maybe it depends on how the device has been jailbroken - I did my 3GS with a custom fw made from pwnage Tool 4.

Don't hurry! And thank you very much for your efforts.
    Actually, it's already done. I need someone with an iPhone 3G to test it for me (trying it on a 3GS would have neither no result or have a negative result, so it's not advised). It's a .deb file, so someone who knows how to use them will need to do it.

(I should probably point out that iPod 3G, iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 users got all the features for their devices, so there's nothing more I can enable for them. Therefore, this won't be made for those devices. Since the original iPhone and iPod 1G didn't get 4.0, they won't get getting it either. These packages are exclusively for iPod 2G and iPhone 3G.)
    Last edited by MC SE7EN; 2010-07-16 at 05:43 PM.
    No sig spam | @MikeBeas

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'll test it. Send me the link to the file.

Quote Originally Posted by lsufan51 View Post
    I'll test it. Send me the link to the file.
    Thanks! Here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/71ue8a2rj6...res-iphone.deb

Just let me know if all 4 themes do what they're labeled to do.

Thanks again!
    No sig spam | @MikeBeas

What features does that enable? Seeing redsn0w already enables multitasking, backgrounds, and battery percent.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrojing View Post
    What features does that enable? Seeing redsn0w already enables multitasking, backgrounds, and battery percent.
    It also enables the unified iPod app (on the iPod touch that is). As far as the rest goes, it's the same as in redsn0w but is better for a few reasons:

1) It doesn't modify any system files. redsn0w does.

2) Features can be turned on and off at will. redsn0w has to be re-run every time you want to switch off one of the features.

3) With redsn0w, the features are still enabled in Safe Mode. With Features, they aren't in Safe Mode. A couple of developers requested that MuscleNerd not apply the features in such a way that they were still enabled in Safe Mode, but he did anyway.
    Last edited by MC SE7EN; 2010-07-16 at 08:04 PM.
    No sig spam | @MikeBeas

Oh, ok, that's nice

Quote Originally Posted by pyrojing View Post
    Oh, ok, that's nice
    Indeed, and thank you.
    No sig spam | @MikeBeas

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MC SE7EN View Post
    Thanks! Here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/71ue8a2rj6...res-iphone.deb

Just let me know if all 4 themes do what they're labeled to do.

Thanks again!
    Ok, where do I put it?

Quote Originally Posted by lsufan51 View Post
    Ok, where do I put it?
    It's a deb file. Put it wherever you want, then SSH into your phone and run

dkpg -i /Insert/The/Path/To/The/Deb/Here.deb

Then go into WinterBoard and see if the themes installed. Test each one individually to make sure they do what they're supposed to.
    No sig spam | @MikeBeas

anyone have any news on Spectro's notifier/reminder app? or are any other sms/missed call reminder apps working on 4.0 yet?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pfft View Post
    anyone have any news on Spectro's notifier/reminder app? or are any other sms/missed call reminder apps working on 4.0 yet?
    Well, I installed notifier thru n00neimp0rtant's fix and both SMS and missed calls works. However, I disabled the sms notify because i also have biteSMS and it does the same.
    Last edited by CelsoSC; 2010-07-19 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Bad bad English :P

i'm not looking to fix the notifier icons on the status bar, but the actual reminder, repeat sound or vibration every so minutes

I'm looking for an ios4 compatible app that can change the color of the status bar battery as well as the signal bars and wifi bars.
    Space Boy Swag | Universal Tag

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Skyhawk View Post
    I'm looking for an ios4 compatible app that can change the color of the status bar battery as well as the signal bars and wifi bars.
    Winterboard

Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast