Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Official iOS 4.0 Compatibility List!

Bosspaper was updated, but it kills iOS Multitask.
    ModMy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lsufan51 View Post
    Mystrings doesn't work. Neither does istrings. Lockinfo is working fine for me. Does anyone know another way to edit the slide to unlock text?
    You can do that thru a winterboard theme. The file you need to edit is "SpringBoard.strings" and it goes inside the Folders/SpringBoard.app/(your-language).lproj/ folder.

If you want to check the original file, you'll find it in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/(your-language).lproj.

Edit: the strings you may want to change are:

"ALARM_LOCK_LABEL"
    "AWAY_LOCK_LABEL"
    "CALENDAR_LOCK_LABEL"
    "CF_USER_NOTE_LOCK_LABEL"
    "POWER_DOWN_LOCK_LABEL"
    "SLIDE_TO_ANSWER"
    "SLIDE_TO_CALL_BACK"
    "SLIDE_TO_CANCEL"
    "SLIDE_TO_LISTEN"
    "SMS_LOCK_LABEL"
    "TIMER_LOCK_LABEL"

Regards.
    Last edited by CelsoSC; 2010-07-04 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Added info

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CelsoSC For This Useful Post:

lsufan51 (2010-07-04), youngunn (2010-07-09)

istrings works for me but only when i enable via winterboard

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cowburnator View Post
    I tried it in winterboard too and it didn't work. Everything in the app worked, but when I would residing, nothing happened.

any updates on 5 icon springboard? i check it like twice a day. just wondering if you can get it with another source?

Thanks
    I think winterboard needs to be fixed to fully support iOS4 before we see more than 4x4 icons on our devices by now.

My only other suggestion would be to put Istrings to the top in winterboard and then respring that's what worked for me

Green Apple
    Thanks

My computer won't open a .strings file. I'm on windows xp. Does anybody know a program I can download that will let me edit these?

Quote Originally Posted by CelsoSC View Post
    I think winterboard needs to be fixed to fully support iOS4 before we see more than 4x4 icons on our devices by now.
    I agree. I had to to manage extensions in rock and turn icon support off to get my themes to work and not crash springboard.

My only other suggestion would be to put Istrings to the top in winterboard and then respring that's what worked for me
    I can't get istrings to show up in winterboard now. I don't know what is wrong with it. Lol.
    Last edited by lsufan51; 2010-07-04 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by lsufan51 View Post
    My computer won't open a .strings file. I'm on windows xp. Does anybody know a program I can download that will let me edit these?
    plist Editor for Windows

Download plist Editor for Windows 1.0.1 Free - A tool for editing MAC OS property list file under Windows system. - Softpedia

You might have to temporarily change the extension to plist for the program to recognize it. Just change it back to .strings before you send it back to your phone.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ct0wn For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (2010-07-05), lsufan51 (2010-07-04)

has any one else notice that libstatusbar will make your idevice take super long to boot...it deosnt crash or nothing but it just takes long...and im sure it is libstatusbar because upon removal it boots normally...deos anyone else have this problem

Status notifier becomes notifier and is available in cydia fir free download. Works on iOS 4 :-)

Activator still has one glitch... It has fixed the system apps, and statusbar gestures in 3rd party, but if you try the statusbar gestures in cydia they still dont work...

The dev of istrings is in my house atm

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi there ... Can you email me a direct link into modmyi - so I do not have to waste time searching for it..??? - please..??
    Kindest Regards
    Spencer
    sabspencer at gmail dot com

anyone hear anything on five irows and five column spring board?
    I really miss my 5 x 5 spring board, atleast 5 icon dock works.

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker0302 View Post
    Status notifier becomes notifier and is available in cydia fir free download. Works on iOS 4 :-)
    Notified (reminder) does't work on my 3GS iOS4, no icons appear in the statusbar...

It DOES work with the new "status fix"
    Last edited by prosperot; 2010-07-05 at 11:51 AM. Reason: New info

Quote Originally Posted by prosperot View Post
    Notified (reminder) does't work on my 3GS iOS4, no icons appear in the statusbar...

It DOES work with the new "status fix"
    I donno why it doesn't work for you. I have 3GS iOS4 and this works for me. I'm getting notifiers on my both - home and lock screen

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    supercharged crashes just the same as imobile enhancer on my 3Gs
    for what increasing memory on your 3gs? im using iMemory Enhancer on my 3g with 4.0 JB and its been working great... there is a NOTICIBLE difference on how fast my 3g was running apps in 4.0 before and after installing it.

i also have wallpaper and multi-func enabled as well.

try that... i havent had any crashing problems

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker0302 View Post
    I donno why it doesn't work for you. I have 3GS iOS4 and this works for me. I'm getting notifiers on my both - home and lock screen

ive read a couple of threads already about status notifier with the fix... its pretty much hit or miss... some people can get it to work without any problems while others causes their phone to brick....

whats worse is i havent been able to see a pattern! its almost random! haha

i know im gonna hold off on notifier for a little while until the kinks are worked out

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    this just makes me sad 'cause it happens with every update we get, which is quite often. are we fighting a losing battle?
    i feel the same way too.... but i agree i think its the big changes each year with the firmware upgrade (from 1.0 to 2.0 etc)... but yea it feels like each update we have to start all over again lol
    Last edited by banilla16; 2010-07-05 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Notifier works well in my 3Gs 4.0, but i miss the "silent" icon from statusbar I activated the option in Notifier, but it's not working.

Quote Originally Posted by ct0wn View Post
    Are you serious? I really need to spell it out for you? OK, my point is: why would someone expect support for cracked applications on a site that MAKES MONEY HOSTING PAID APPS?
    Oh... I agree.

-------------
    What Repo are you guys using for iMemory Enhancer?
    -Gumball Tech? Hencryzthers - MyRepoSp...?
    -Does this work with 3.1.2 3GS?
    Last edited by klouud; 2010-07-05 at 06:11 PM.

with the reminder app, has anyone tried using the 1 or 2 min or whatever, sms reminder? doesnt work for me

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast