Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Official iOS 4.0 Compatibility List!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Word..... """" modddddd""""" lmao

Regardless of how anyone here feels about software piracy, you DO realize that ModMyi hosts one of the largest iPhone repositories, including paid packages, right?

compir99
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarten16 View Post
    still can't get that to work either :S:S
    that's why I'm using a "one page theme" atm.
    Well.. a combination of classified, nine and Z's iOS4 wallpape :P
    *sigh* I've grown so accustomed to multi-page wallpaper that I'm really beginning to miss it and not to mention the Autolock SB toggle!

Quote Originally Posted by ct0wn View Post
    Regardless of how anyone here feels about software piracy, you DO realize that ModMyi hosts one of the largest iPhone repositories, including paid packages, right?
    Sooooo... whats your point?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to klouud For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (2010-07-03)

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Wow!
    Wow this thread is getting way of context!

Free Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    Sooooo... whats your point?
    Are you serious? I really need to spell it out for you? OK, my point is: why would someone expect support for cracked applications on a site that MAKES MONEY HOSTING PAID APPS?

"no0ne1mportant" my @$$! You have probably just become a very important person, lol. Thanks for the compatibility list, it will definitely help me to decided wether to upgrade. Except for some semi-important apps that have broken compatibility, I might think about upgrading. I just hope the iTouch 3G JB comes soon , I finally want to be free from the Blackra1n tetheredness, but yet want to keep as much homebrew compatible as possible!

Anyways, I didn't see on the list the Safari Download Plugin, just the manager. Does the plugin, vWallpapers, unofficial MMiforum app, iWallpapers (free JB version), MusicMeow (free), *ThemeBuilder/ThemeBoard, ProTapper, SBInsomia+app (free), iWipeCache, and Fontswap apps work? Moreover, could someone give me an in-depth description of the incompatibility in iFile and Winterboard? Those are my two most important apps!

Thanks to whoever answers!

(Sorry if any of these apps were discussed in earlier posts, I just skipped to the end). I actually don't really care much that some of the emulators won't work; I'm moving my emulator stuff to the GP2X Wiz, along with making that my main homebrew game device.

Tamkis,

Does Safari Download Plugin even work under 3.x? I thought the dev abandoned after iOS 2.0. I haven't tried any of the jailbreak equivalents because I use iCabMobile from the offical App Store on the rare occasion I need to download something on my phone. It works pretty well, surprised Apple approved it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Ok, move past the talk about cracked apps. We do not support it in anyway or form. So please move past that talk because you will get no support from here.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (2010-07-03), whsnnnd (2010-07-03)

Ok - some where in the post we were speaking abt fontswap for IOS4 . Does anyone know abt the expected release date
    I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default software packages...hmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by ct0wn View Post
    Really - I thought that software packages were only available from the iTunes store...

I have not come across - any software package that copies - ipa's to the hard disk - besides - iTunes - (backup paid apps)...hmmm

If you can tell me where these are on ModYI - I would like to go have a look...hmmm

Kindest Regards
    Cardac

Bosspaper works mostly. I set it to rotate about 50 wallpapers and haven't had an issue with it yet.

SBSettings works fine so far, but the "Activator" that is installed with it crashes me back to Safe Mode. Activator works perfectly...until. When you scroll down too far in the function select menu it always hard resets me into Safe Mode. It will allow me to select different functions for tapping/sliding/pushing though. Just can't scroll down too much.

iFile works. Haven't run into any problems on it yet.

Cytac = fail. Every single time. Waiting on this one.

Winterboard semi-works. Anybody have a list of what does & does not work on winterboard right now? I run glaskart for my dock icons and they are not transparent anymore. you can clearly see the icon outlines, which kills my theme.

MobileTerminal = broke. Luckily I can still SSH into the phone using the default user/pass combo. guess there really is no need at present.

so far the worst offenders of what I've found to have killed my phone after the 4.0 upgrade. wish I had found this list before I upgraded. I spent 3 days fighting my phone to get it stable. I had done a PkgBackup from when I was 3.1.2 JB via BlackRain. When I did the restore on 4.0...bad things happened. Don't recommend anyone try that.

btw, anyone know the name for the App that will track advance a song in the iPod app using the volume buttons? I had it for months, but cannot find it in the repo
    Last edited by Tylus; 2010-07-03 at 08:26 PM.

supercharged crashes just the same as imobile enhancer on my 3Gs

iPhone? More like MyPhone whsnnnd's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tylus View Post
    Bosspaper works mostly. I set it to rotate about 50 wallpapers and haven't had an issue with it yet.

SBSettings works fine so far, but the "Activator" that is installed with it crashes me back to Safe Mode. Activator works perfectly...until. When you scroll down too far in the function select menu it always hard resets me into Safe Mode. It will allow me to select different functions for tapping/sliding/pushing though. Just can't scroll down too much.

iFile works. Haven't run into any problems on it yet.

Cytac = fail. Every single time. Waiting on this one.

Winterboard semi-works. Anybody have a list of what does & does not work on winterboard right now? I run glaskart for my dock icons and they are not transparent anymore. you can clearly see the icon outlines, which kills my theme.

MobileTerminal = broke. Luckily I can still SSH into the phone using the default user/pass combo. guess there really is no need at present.

so far the worst offenders of what I've found to have killed my phone after the 4.0 upgrade. wish I had found this list before I upgraded. I spent 3 days fighting my phone to get it stable. I had done a PkgBackup from when I was 3.1.2 JB via BlackRain. When I did the restore on 4.0...bad things happened. Don't recommend anyone try that.

btw, anyone know the name for the App that will track advance a song in the iPod app using the volume buttons? I had it for months, but cannot find it in the repo
    Activator has been updated and it corrected the problem, the app is called Glovepod or Volume Button Extender or something like that.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to whsnnnd For This Useful Post:

Tylus (2010-07-03)

yea its glovepod and this is the only one that works for 4.0 right now

19. The Following User Says Thank You to s1l3nt For This Useful Post:

Tylus (2010-07-03)

Quote Originally Posted by cardac View Post
    Really - I thought that software packages were only available from the iTunes store...

I have not come across - any software package that copies - ipa's to the hard disk - besides - iTunes - (backup paid apps)...hmmm

If you can tell me where these are on ModYI - I would like to go have a look...hmmm

Kindest Regards
    Cardac
    Sure:

Cydia | iPhone Apps | Search powered by ModMyi.com

More specifically, "just" the ones ModMyi hosts:

Cydia | iPhone Apps | Search powered by ModMyi.com

thx for Glovepod. gonna go find it now
    iPhone 4G 32 GB (2 of them)
    OS 5.0.1
    JB Utility: redsn0w 0.9.10b1

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuggler's Avatar
    Thanks

this just makes me sad 'cause it happens with every update we get, which is quite often. are we fighting a losing battle?
    Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.
    - Popular Mechanics, 1949

Green Apple
    Thanks

Mystrings doesn't work. Neither does istrings. Lockinfo is working fine for me. Does anyone know another way to edit the slide to unlock text?

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    this just makes me sad 'cause it happens with every update we get, which is quite often. are we fighting a losing battle?
    Not exactly.. bear in mind this is a "major" operating system update. Whenever a company changes the digits before the decimal in an OS revision, it means there have been substantial changes to the way the system works. We're going from 3.x to 4.x here. We didn't have very many issues going from 3.0 to 3.1 for example.

It's the same for any OS. How many of your Windows applications and drivers stopped working when you went from Windows XP (5.x) to Windows Vista (6.x)? I had to buy a new printer because there's no driver for my perfectly fine Lexmark for Vista. It's a fact of life with major OS revisions. And a chance for devs to clean up and optimize their code (or unfortunately in some cases.. abandon it. Thats the sad part).

25. The Following User Says Thank You to ct0wn For This Useful Post:

rainmaker0302 (2010-07-05)

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast