Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: my hot iphone!

Default my hot iphone!
    hey guys,

past 2 weeks, my phone's battery had been draining really fast. charging was slow too. while charging, i can feel my phone really heating up. i already uninstalled apps i installed before this incident. but problems are still there.

what can i do?

I would personally try getting a new one if your one year warranty hasn't expired on it. If it's getting really hot I would try to make it over heat and bring it into Apple and get a new one since it's a hardware defect.

i got it last october, still under warranty. besides the warranty part, what else can i do? i hope i wont have to lose all my stuff and jb again

I can't think of anything else to do besides all Apple and tell them your phone is getting really hot and you're afraid it may explode like this one did.

http://images.macfixit.com/images/iPhoneExplode.jpg

thats scary haha.

btw, how do i do a backup of my stuffs properly? i would say the most important thing will be my contacts. i cant seems to get it right

Quote Originally Posted by kasuji View Post
    thats scary haha.

btw, how do i do a backup of my stuffs properly? i would say the most important thing will be my contacts. i cant seems to get it right
    sync to itunes. it will copy your contacts as well as call history, notes, text messages pictures in camera roll and email. along with some settings and other minor stuff. when you get your new phone, plug into computer and itunes will ask u if you want to setup as a new iphone or restore from a backup. select restore from backup and pick the most recent one which should be the default option.

GL!

also, be sure to do a clean install of iphones software, before you overheat it or bring it toapple. They wont honor warranty issues if the phone has been jailbroken... IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by s4boost View Post
    sync to itunes. it will copy your contacts as well as call history, notes, text messages pictures in camera roll and email. along with some settings and other minor stuff. when you get your new phone, plug into computer and itunes will ask u if you want to setup as a new iphone or restore from a backup. select restore from backup and pick the most recent one which should be the default option.

GL!

also, be sure to do a clean install of iphones software, before you overheat it or bring it toapple. They wont honor warranty issues if the phone has been jailbroken... IIRC
    is there anyway i can "format" my jailbroken iphone? im on 3.1.2 right now

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

before you send the phone back did you update anything? turned off your push notifications? turn off 3G if you area doesnt support it?

when you phone searches for signals like GPS, 3G or WiFi it uses a LOT of power. disable these services if you are not using them. see if that helps

Quote Originally Posted by kasuji View Post
    is there anyway i can "format" my jailbroken iphone? im on 3.1.2 right now
    yes. just plug your phone into itunes and restore... or just upgrade to 3.1.3 and it'll erase your jailbreak. Im not sure if this erases all the traces of jailbreak or not... thats a question im sure someone else could fill in the answer to.

As far as worrying about APPLE finding your jailbreak dont worry.
    Ive taken my phone in like 20 times since original iPhone and no problems at all.
    Just dont forget to restore and dont put your jailbroken backup back on your phone.

GL