Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pre-order vs Reserve

Default Pre-order vs Reserve
    I called apple today and talked to someone who i'm not sure whether or not they were "on the ball."

I'm upgrade eligible and im planning on ordering/reserving tonight.

I asked the apple rep if i pre-order to my door if i would RECEIVE the phone on June 24th or if that would be when it shipped. He said it would SHIP the 24th and I would receive it 3-6 days later.

Can anyone verify this?

I then called my local apple retailer, a rep there said that if i reserve for in-store pick-up i will be guaranteed a phone on launch date. He said apple uses the "reservation" to know the amount of phones they need to ship.

Can anyone verify this?

Thanks guys.

Happy pre-ordering. Im setting 3 alarms for 6am!! ha
    Last edited by s4boost; 2010-06-15 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by s4boost View Post
    Your Ad Here
    I called apple today and talked to someone who i'm not sure whether or not they were "on the ball."

I'm upgrade eligible and im planning on ordering/reserving tonight.

I asked the apple rep if i pre-order to my door if i would RECEIVE the phone on June 24th or if that would be when it shipped. He said it would SHIP the 24th and I would receive it 3-6 days later.

Can anyone verify this?

I then called my local apple retailer, a rep there said that if i reserve for in-store pick-up i will be guaranteed a phone on launch date. He said apple uses the "reservation" to know the amount of phones they need to ship.

Can anyone verify this?

Thanks guys.

Happy pre-ordering. Im setting 3 alarms for 6am!! ha
    Wrong. It will be delivered on release date, just like the 3gs, and just like the ipad.

i sure hope you're right!!!! cause ill be leaving for 2 weeks the 25th!!!