Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I Just Pre-Ordered Two iPhone 4's

Default I Just Pre-Ordered Two iPhone 4's
    Ok, before all the "NO YOU DIDN'T" flames come in, let me explain... So I go to my local AT&T iPhone authorized store (there are some in my area that don't sell iphones) to ask if they are opening early tomorrow for iPhone 4 pre-orders. The sales lady looks at me puzzled and says "I can go ahead and order that now for you if you want" to which i asked "An iPhone 4...TODAY???". Then she asks me "who said you had to wait until tomorrow" to which I replied "Apple & AT&T". Then she said, "Well, we're not Apple or AT&T Corporate, we are an AT&T authorized store and this is how they told us to do it". She then asks for my Name, Address and Phone Number and which model I wanted. I said I needed 2 32gb (one black and one white). She then types for a minute and says "Ok, they'll be here on the 24th" and I asked "Are your sure" and she said "Absolutely". Now my questions is this: Did she just add two more phone to the stores initial iPhone 4 order to be placed tomorrow and if so, what's the big hype about the pre-order date if you can just walk in and reserve one?? I will also add that I live in a "small town" and we don't get the usual camping out or waiting in lines for the iPhone releases. For example, when the 3GS was released, there were 2 people in line in front of me and 1 behind me. I don't think that would make a differece though.?? Does anyone on here work for AT&T (non corporate i guess) and if so, can you confirm this? OR am I going to be disappointed come Jun 24th??
    Last edited by boozie; 2010-06-14 at 07:37 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If its true, that's awesome!

cool...will give a try today...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If all she did was take down your name and number I wouldn't consider this an "official" pre-order. Like you said.. she most likely just has some on order for the store and will reserve them for you. This is not 100% guaranteed for you I'm afraid. I would just pre-order from Apple or AT&T and have them direct shipped... but that's just me.

Thanks

Ok be ready for your disappointment....
    first , only corporate Att store , best buy or possibly but doubt walmart can reserve iPhones.

Second, she was supposed to charge you and give u a reciept confirming...only apple store can u reserve for pickup without paying upfront....

No reciept = never happened....

Last, no authorized Att dealers can ever carry or sell iPhones....

I own an authorized Att store and have my deal codes...and it's impossible for me to take reserves..I'm not in there system...just a portal...here i can take your name now and tell you i will have an iPhone waiting for you now...
    Last edited by z3r01; 2010-06-14 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Ok be ready for your disappointment....
    first , only corporate Att store , best buy or possibly but doubt walmart can reserve iPhones.

Second, she was supposed to charge you and give u a reciept confirming...only apple store can u reserve for pickup without paying upfront....

No reciept = never happened....

Last, no authorized Att dealers can ever carry or sell iPhones....

I own an authorized Att store and have my deal codes...and it's impossible for me to take reserves..I'm not in there system...just a portal...here i can take your name now and tell you i will have an iPhone waiting for you now...
    That's why I posted the question... but if anyone cares to confirm:

AT&T AUTHORIZED RETAILER
    1828 VAUGHN RD
    WOOD RIVER, IL 62095

Phone:
    (618) 259-9467

Hours:
    MON-SAT 10:00-8:00, SUN 12:00-5:00

Services:

* APPLE IPHONE
    * AT&T INTERNET SERVICES
    * PREPAID - GOPHONE EQUIPMENT
    * PREPAID - GOPHONE REFILLS
    * WIRELESS EQUIPMENT UPGRADE
    Last edited by boozie; 2010-06-14 at 07:51 PM.

Thanks

No way no how lol

No receipt = no transaction
    Last edited by z3r01; 2010-06-14 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ordered 2?
    I think we're only allowed one per line
    I remember one of these stores in my area, gone now...
    but they have no clue and I think they could actually pull this off..
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

well if it does end up working good for you. if not than you are in the same boat as the rest of us. but here is to high hopes
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

well I have a strange felling there will be no pre-orders in the uk

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

I don't know, guys... some random store somewhere in IL writing "two iphones" down on a sticky note sounds like a legit pre-order to me.. lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iamthekiller For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (2010-06-15)

And let's not forget the phone isn't even available in white until late summer. She played you bro lol

Quote Originally Posted by iamthekiller View Post
    I don't know, guys... some random store somewhere in IL writing "two iphones" down on a sticky note sounds like a legit pre-order to me.. lol
    I lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    And let's not forget the phone isn't even available in white until late summer. She played you bro lol
    The whole white iphone-late-summer is bogus. Somebody made a fake document and modmyi ate it up.

The whole white iphone-late-summer is bogus. Somebody made a fake document and modmyi ate it up.
    No it's real, I verified with both AT&T and Apple this evening. Why would anyone want white anyways? It's totally fugly!

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    No it's real, I verified with both AT&T and Apple this evening. Why would anyone want white anyways? It's totally fugly!
    A dozen other people here "verified" it with Apple and AT&T - it's bogus.

iPhone? More like MyPhone VaderForce's Avatar
    Thanks

@ DJM AutoWerkz: I too had a link in my sig!.
    =Is the quality of your life, the outcome of your own thoughts?=

A dozen other people here "verified" it with Apple and AT&T - it's bogus.
    AT&T's pre-order page says white "coming soon"

Bogus???

not bogus apple uk says no white yet

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast