Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4 for 2G?

Exclamation iOS 4 for 2G?
    I was excited to watch the keynote on Apple's website and noticed that they're only supporting 3G, 3GS, and iPhone 4. I wasn't to happy to hear this because I got an iPhone 2G and I really wanted to see a few features like Game Center and Multi Tasking. My question is, are they going to support 2G with some features or is Apple totally shutting off 2G services?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

It's has stopped supporting. No more 2g updates

I saw on the main site (modmyi.com) we will get enabled multitasking on 2G, so whats the deal on that?

Thanks

its probably a custom firmware,
    but its not 4.0

I spoke to someone on #modmyi and he/she said Apple has stopped supporting 2G with iOS 4, but the dev (whoever create the jailbreak software) will be modding the 4.0 firmware so that 2G iPhone's will be able to use it.

Thanks

thats cool

That would be AWESOME!!!! I would love to just try it out, even though it probably wouldn't run very well. lol
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?

Also, apparently Apple was already aware of even the 3g phones having issues with the update to 4.0 and had contemplated not even supporting the 3g. The main reason the 2g isn't supported is because the processor wouldn't be fast enough to handle the load.

Quote Originally Posted by shivamp View Post
    I spoke to someone on #modmyi and he/she said Apple has stopped supporting 2G with iOS 4, but the dev (whoever create the jailbreak software) will be modding the 4.0 firmware so that 2G iPhone's will be able to use it.
    Really? Do they have a project page or something?