Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: what are we NON AT&T customers gonna do for the 4

Default what are we NON AT&T customers gonna do for the 4
    I am pondering several thoughts here:

1. How do deal with the micro sim card since i have no idea about t-mo and micro sim cards?

2. The next thought is when to buy the phone.
    A. preorder and wait and hope for a unlock from the team
    B. Wait until an unlock comes out and deal with the price increase from the ones selling the unlocked 4.
    C. wait a month and see how it all plays out.

3. I am glad the 4 has a "N" wifi card in it. should scream while connected. I am wondering how the antenna for the phone crap is. I have crapping reception at my pad and the report made mention the metal case is used as an antenna. Antenna for the wifi or radio????

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

T-Mobile people will have to cut their SIM down to fir the micro tray. Unlocked iPhone 4's will go for A LOOOOOT. I expect market value to be $800 - $1000 after the unlock is released.

I'm guessing the factory unlocked will be way more. If u look on eBay people are trying to sell the locked versions for like 900-1400 bucks already. I've pondered the same situation. I checked preorder and it still wanted my att account info but I'm on tmobile. So I'm guessing we still need AT&T to get a phone even full price? I'm actually thinking about opening an AT&T account keeping it for a month then if the unlock comes out for tmobile then I'll just pay atts ETF. All and all it'll cost bout the same as it would had I bought it thru apple at full price. Just a pain in the *** tho

is the preorder for only AT&T customers? I thought I could just walk into the apple store and do an outright purchase for full pop

Thanks

You can't purchase a phone without activation though.. so you'll pay $599 + tax + act fee + first month service = about $750. Since this is the /minimum/ you'll pay you can expect $800 - $1000 on eBay or more.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

poseidon i like your baseband unlock
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to screamforme02 For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (2010-06-09)

Thanks

*evil laugh*

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    You can't purchase a phone without activation though.. so you'll pay $599 + tax + act fee + first month service = about $750. Since this is the /minimum/ you'll pay you can expect $800 - $1000 on eBay or more.
    1) Can you cancel the service after a month with no penalty fees, wait for the jailbreak, unlock and be good to go on another carier?

2) AT&T says you can buy the 16gb with no 2 year commitment for $599 however, voice and data are required.

I'm not an AT&T customer so I'm assuming voive is phone service and data is internet. So, does no commitment actually mean that you can cancel after the first month, keep the phone and no cancelation fees etc??

i thought AT&T was selling iphone4 w/o contract, but super expensive lol