Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS Purchased 1st day?

Default 3GS Purchased 1st day?
    Just curious, what is everyones upgrade date that purchased the iphone 3GS the 1st day it came out????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

2/11/11... I think I'm gonna wait til 'iPhone 5'

Quote Originally Posted by mardogg44 View Post
    2/11/11... I think I'm gonna wait til 'iPhone 5'
    That's weird... cuz I bought my 3gs on Day 1 and according to AT&T I am eligible for the upgrade right now

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am elig. for an 'early' upgrade for $399/$499. But that's with a new 2 yr agreement. And they'll charge another $18 "upgrade" fee.

Anyone know if Verizon let's you upgrade more frequently? I have a friend with Sprint who gets one ea. year.

My upgrade date is 2/20/2011 and i bought it the 1st day. but Im eligible for the 399/499 price. Looks like ill be getting the iphone 5.

Quote Originally Posted by mardogg44 View Post
    I am elig. for an 'early' upgrade for $399/$499. But that's with a new 2 yr agreement. And they'll charge another $18 "upgrade" fee.

Anyone know if Verizon let's you upgrade more frequently? I have a friend with Sprint who gets one ea. year.
    Might want to check yours again, the dates were changed recently... like I said, I got the 3gs on day 1 and I can get the $199/299 (I'm getting the $299) upgrade

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

i was good for an upgrade about a month ago.

just waiting to see new iphone and if any new webOS or androids would drop on at&t but no just iphone for now. i wonder if apple has a hand in the no android phones at at&t and dont you dare mention the backflip that is a 'dumb' phone i need more power
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same dates... Nothing has changed. I guess you are a lucky one

I've been checking....nothing has changed yet..

If it hasn't changed, it won't. AT&T bases how fast you get an upgrade on how much you spend per month, not having late payments, etc.

nope... Steve Jobs said at the keynote that we can upgrade 6 months earlier?

Which means if you were eligible for an upgrade any time this year, you'll be able to buy the phone on the 24th.

If his upgrade was say, January 1st, 2011... Then he won't get the early upgrade. And his original date of Jan 1st (pre AT&T bumps) was determined by his monthly bill.